Naveen Jindal is not only one of the nation’s major steel and power producers but also a 2-time MP from Haryana. He has also represented the country in the South Asian Federation Games. Jindal’s petition was responsible for securing the Supreme Court decision that allowed citizens to hoist the national flag at any time and place during the year.
Naveen Jindal Personal Details
|Designations||Chairman of Jindal Steel and Power Limited and Chancellor of O. P. Jindal Global University.|
|Date of Birth||9-Mar-70|
|Place of Birth||Hisar, Haryana, India|
|Spouse’s Name||Shallu Jindal|
|Children||2, Venkatesh Jindal and Yashaswini Jindal|
|Spoken Languages||English, Hindi|
|Hobbies||Playing Polo, Yoga, Reading Travelling|
Naveen Jindal Educational Qualifications
- Jindal completed his schooling at Delhi Public School, Mathura Road
- He graduated in Commerce from Hans Raj College, Delhi University in 1990
- He then went to the University of Texas at Dallas to pursue MBA in 1992
Naveen Jindal Career
- Jindal started his career by joining the Raigarh unit of Jindal Steel and Power in 1993, which was started by his father, late OP Jindal
- He contested his first Lok Sabha election under the Indian National Congress for the Kurukshetra constituency in 2004. He defeated Abhay Singh Chautala by a margin of 1,30,000 votes.
- He was elected again in 2009.
- Jindal moved a private member bill in Lok Sabha for Food and Nutrition Security Scheme that paved the way for the Food Security Act.
Naveen Jindal Sports
- Naveen Jindal was the captain of the Indian Shooting Team which won a silver medal in the South Asian Federation Games, in April 2004, in Pakistan.
- He represented the country in the Asian Games held in Busan, South Korea in 2002.
- He also won a gold medal at the 54th national Shooting Championship while representing the
Naveen Jindal’s Notable Achievements and Contributions
- Jindal filed a writ petition in February 1998 against the restrictions placed by officials on the display of the national flag. On 26 January 2002, the Supreme Court ruled that Indian citizens could display/fly the National Flag of India every day of the year.
- He founded the OP Jindal Global University in 2009. It is one of the few universities that maintain a 1:9 faculty-student ratio. The Jindal Global Law School is ranked among the top 100 law institutes in the world and is ranked number one in the country.
- The University of Dallas Texas renamed its School of Management to Naveen Jindal School of Management to recognize his contribution to the field of education.
- The OP Jindal University in Chhattisgarh was awarded the ‘Best Private University in Chhattisgarh’ at The Progress Global Awards 2020.
- He was the President of the Student Government at the University of Dallas, Texas, and also received the Student Leader of the Year Award.
Naveen Jindal Recognitions
- Received the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the field of Energy and Infrastructure, 2010
- He received the Justice P.N. Bhagwati Award from the former President, Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Azad in 2011 for his contribution to legal education.
- Jindal was ranked amongst Asia’s 25 Hottest People in Business by the Fortune Asia magazine
- He was also ranked as India’s Best CEO by Business Today based on a BT-INSEAD-HBR study.
Leave a Reply