Anupam Mittal is the founder and CEO of People Group. He is popularly recognized for being the founder of the matrimonial site, shaadi.com. Anupam had played cameo roles and was also a former producer in many Bollywood movies like Flavors and 99. He is a man of perseverance, and his goal-oriented attitude made him a globally recognized Indian entrepreneur.
Anupam Mittal Personal Details
|Age (As of 2021)||50 years|
|Date of Birth||23-Dec-71|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Designation||Founder and CEO of People Group|
|Father’s Name||Gopal Krishna Mittal|
|Mother’s Name||Bhagwati Devi Mittal|
|Siblings||Two sisters (Name not mentioned)|
|Spouse||Aanchal Kumar (Model)|
|Children||Alyssa Mittal (Daughter)|
|Net Worth||$25 million (Approximately)|
Anupam Mittal’s Early Life
- Anupam was born in a Marwadi family in Mumbai.
- He got married on July 4, 2013, in Rajasthan, India.
- He acted and produced 2 movies – Flavors (2003) and 99 (2019).
- Anupam invested 1 crore in Ola cabs, with an active partnership of 2% shares.
- He is a board member of Lets Venture Online and Zepo.
- The entrepreneur is also an active advisor of Kae Capital, ShaadiSaga, and Grip.
- He actively advertises luxurious brands and commercials on his social media accounts.
- Anupam started angel investing in 2007 in the company Interactive Avenues and became the largest shareholder in just 1 year.
Anupam Mittal’s Educational Qualifications
- Anupam completed his MBA in business and commerce from Boston College, Massachusetts, United States (1994-1997).
Anupam Mittal’s Professional Journey
- Anupam started his matrimonial website, sagaai.com in 1997. It was later renamed shaadi.com.
- In 1998, he worked as a product manager at MicroStrategy, a business intelligence software firm in Washington D.C.
- He was the chairperson and co-founder of The Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) in 2004.
- Anupam founded the website mauj.com in 2005. It provides an insight into mobile content like video games, roaming apps, Indian matrimonial apps, messaging apps, etc.
- In 2007, he founded an online real estate platform, makaan.com.
- In 2018, Anupam was the founder and co-chairperson of H2 India.
- He was also one of the seven sharks in the popular business reality show, Shark Tank India, telecasted in 2021.
Anupam Mittal’s Awards and Achievements
- Anupam was listed in the top 25 frequently searched people in ‘The Week’ magazine.
- He was listed among the top 100 icons of India’s Digital Ecosystem by IMPACT Digital Power in 2012 and 2013.
- Anupam was listed among the top 100 NRIs in North America.
- He was honored by IT people as the Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Anupam also received the Karamveer Puraskar.
- He has also been Business Week’s one of India’s 50 most influential individuals.
Anupam was honored with an outstanding serial entrepreneur and angel investor award in the 2nd year of the ‘Hall of Fame’ 2020 awards by the Indus Entrepreneurs Mumbai.