Namita Thapar, a leading Indian businesswoman, is the executive director of an Indian multinational pharma company, Emcure Pharmaceuticals, headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra. The company was founded by her father in 1983. Born in Pune, Namita belongs to an affluent family and was a bright student during her school days. Her journey has been a major inspiration for all aspiring entrepreneurs around the world.
Namita Thapar Personal Details
|Age (As of 2021)||45 years|
|Date of Birth||March 21st, 1977|
|Place of Birth||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Designation||Executive director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals|
|Father’s Name||Satish Mehta (Founder of Emcure Pharmaceuticals)|
|Mother’s Name||Bhavana Mehta|
|Siblings||Younger brother – Samit Mehta (President and R&D of Emcure Pharmaceuticals)|
|Spouse||Vikas Thapar (Businessman)|
|Children||Jai Mehta and Vir Mehta (Sons)|
|Hobbies||Reading and traveling|
Namita Thapar’s Early Life
- Namita was born in an affluent family in Pune, Maharashtra.
- She was a bright student and always stood first in the class during her school days.
- Namita always focused on her studies, keeping her extracurricular activities aside.
- She is a huge Bollywood fan and named her kids after being inspired by the lead actors of the film, Sholay.
- Namita’s idea of maintaining physical and mental balance is through massage, movies, and meditation.
Namita Thapar’s Educational Qualifications
- Namita completed her schooling in Pune.
- She did B.Com from Savitribai Phule University, Pune.
- Namita pursued Chartered Accountancy from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- She completed her MBA from Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, Durham, North California.
Namita Thapar’s Professional Journey
- After completing her MBA, Namita began working as the business finance lead at Guidant Corporation, a medical device company in the USA.
- After 6 years, she joined her father’s company, Emcure Pharmaceuticals as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Later she became the executive director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals.
- Namita founded an education company, Incredible Ventures Limited in 2017, to promote youth entrepreneurship. It has its branches in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Delhi, and Chennai.
- She is one of the board members of the regional advisory board of Fuqua School of Business.
- She is a trustee on the TiE Mumbai Board of Trustees.
- Namita is also a member of the Young Presidents Organization.
- In 2021, she was also one of the sharks at the popular Indian TV show, Shark Tank India.
Namita Thapar’s Achievements
- Namita is associated with PM Modi’s initiatives like NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform and Champions of Change program.
- She is also a public speaker, having conducted sessions at platforms like IIM, Ahmedabad, Harvard Business School, FICCI, and ET women’s conferences.
- In 2020, Namita started her YouTube channel called, ‘Unconditional Yourself with Namita Thapar’. Here she talks about women’s health with various doctors, health experts, and patients.
Namita Thapar’s Awards
- Namita received the super-achiever award from World Women Leadership Congress.
- She was awarded Barclays Hurun Next Gen Leader award.
- Namita has also included in Economic Times ‘40 under forty’ India’s hottest young business leaders list 2017.
She was included in the Economic Times’ 2017 women ahead list.
Leave a Reply