Biography of Y. S. Chowdary
Mr. Yalamanchili Satyanarayana Chowdary, also known as Srujana Chowdary or Sujana Chowdary, is an Indian politician and a Rajya Sabha MP from the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is also a first-generation entrepreneur who believes in the philosophy of nation-building through setting up new enterprises, employment creation, adapting to new technologies, and ensuring well-established careers for people. Mr. YS Chowdary headed the Hyderabad-based Sujana Group of Industries before retiring from all business commitments to join public life.
YS Chowdary Personal Details
|Yalamanchili Satyanarayana Chowdary
|Srujana Chowdary or Sujana Chowdary
|Age (As of 2021)
|Date of Birth
|June 2, 1961
|Place of Birth
|Kanchikacheria village, Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh
|Lodhi Estate, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi
|Politician and industrialist
|MP of Rajya Sabha for Andhra Pradesh
|Bharatiya Janta Party
|Shri Y. Janardhan Rao (Superintendent Engineer in Andhra Pradesh government with AP Irrigation and Power department)
|Shrimati Y. Suseela Kumari
|August 6, 1989
|Shrimati Y. Padmaji
|Son: Y.S. Karthik and daughter: Y. Naga Chandini
|U.S.A., Middle East, China, Comoros, Europe, South East Asia, Micronesia, and New Zealand.
Y. S. Chowdary Educational Qualifications
- Mr. Y. S. Chowdary completed his graduation in mechanical engineering from Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology (CBIT), Hyderabad, in 1984.
- He pursued his master’s in machine tool engineering from the PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, in 1986.
Y.S. Chowdary Political Career
- Mr. Y. S. Chowdary entered politics in 2010 when he was elected to the Rajya Sabha, representing the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) from Andhra Pradesh on June 22, 2010.
- On June 4, 2014, he was elected as the TDP’s Parliamentary leader.
- Mr. Y.S. Chowdary was appointed as the Minister of State for Science & Technology, & Earth Sciences on November 9, 2014, during the first Cabinet Expansion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s NDA Government (National Democratic Alliance (India)), and held the position till March 8, 2018.
- He was also appointed as a member of the Indo-Singapore Parliamentary Friendship Group.
- Mr. Y. S. Chowdary was a member of the Government of India’s Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce, the Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, and the Parliamentary Forum on Youth.
- In 2016, he was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha for the second term
- Presently, Mr. Y. S. Chowdary is a standing committee member of Communication and Information Technology and Housing and Urban Affairs (Urban Development).
- He is also a consultative committee member in Home Affairs.
Y. S. Chowdary Initiatives
- Under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) program, Mr. Y. S. Chowdary adopted Ponnavaram village, 60 km from Vijayawada and Palaparru village, Andhra Pradesh.
- He focused on transforming the area into a model village by adopting various developmental programs.
- In 1986, Mr. Y. S. Chowdary founded the Sujana Group of Companies.
- The Sujana Charitable Trust and the Sujana Foundation, manifest the Sujana Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, focused on the education and health of the underprivileged.
- The foundation actively participates in relief works for those affected due to natural calamities.
- Mr. Y. S. Chowdary forayed into healthcare by opening one of the first corporate hospitals in the city, which conducts free health camps, and also opened a College of Medicine for postgraduate and nursing courses.
Y. S. Chowdary Favorite Pastimes
- Mr. Y. S. Chowdary has an inclination toward the collection of vintage cars and restoring arts.
- He is a lifetime member of the Constitution Club of India where he interacts with people from all walks of life.
- Mr. Y. S. Chowdary is a member of Jubilee Hills International Centre and Young Presidents Organization (YPO).
- He loves photography and reading.
Suggested Read: Pushkar Singh Dhami
Must Read: Nykaa – Falguni Nayar’s baby at 50