Ankur Warikoo is an Indian internet entrepreneur, content creator, author, and online educator. He is a popular face in the country as a motivational speaker, especially for the young generation. Warikoo spends his spare time mentoring entrepreneurs and angel investing. A self-professed atheist, he still revers the thoughts of Buddha and is greatly influenced by the working style of Naval Ravikant, Jay Shetty, Ryan Holiday, and Gary Vaynerchuk.
|Age (As of 2022)||42 years|
|Date of Birth||25-Aug-80|
|Place of Birth||Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir|
|Profession||Entrepreneur, public speaker, and mentor|
|Father’s Name||Ashok Warikoo (Worked in a medical firm)|
|Mother’s Name||Neerja Warikoo|
|Siblings||The younger sister (Name not mentioned)|
|Children||Son: Vidur Warikoo and daughter: Uzma Warikoo|
|Hobbies||Reading books, writing and angel investing|
|Net Worth (As of 2022)||INR 10-12 crores|
Ankur Warikoo’s Early Life
- Warikoo was brought up in New Delhi.
- His original name was Ashneer Warikoo, which he later changed to Ankur Warikoo.
- Warikoo faced many financial difficulties during his childhood and knew that only he and his sister could change the family’s fortunes.
- He had his set career plans since his schooling days. His 3-step plan was to go to the US for Ph.D., join NASA as a space scientist, and become the first man to reach Mars.
- Warikoo is an active participant in various marathons.
Ankur Warikoo’s Educational Qualifications
- Warikoo completed his schooling at Don Bosco School, New Delhi.
- From 1998 to 2001, he pursued BSc in physics from Hindu College, Delhi.
- In 2004, Warikoo completed his MS in astronomy and astrophysics from Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
- He dropped out of the Ph.D. program at Michigan State University.
- Warikoo pursued MBA in Finance from the Indian School of Business and Finance, New Delhi from 2005 to 2006.
Ankur Warikoo’s Career
- Warikoo started his career in 2004 as a consultant in NIS Sparta, New Delhi, a corporate training consultancy, and worked there for one year.
- In May 2006, he joined Kearney in Chicago, a management consulting firm.
- Later, Warikoo joined Accentium Web, an internet firm in Gurugram, as a co-founder.
- He also worked as a venture partner with Rocket Internet in December 2010.
- In March 2011, Warikoo started an e-commerce platform, Groupon, and worked as the head of APAC Emerging Markets, Groupon (Indonesia, Philippines, India, and Thailand).
- From 2014 to 2017 he served as one of the board members of the Indian School of Business, New Delhi.
- In the same tenure, he was also a part of the ISB’s Next Generation Leader Board (NGLB).
- In July 2014, Warikoo became an angel investor in many internet and technology companies.
- In August 2015, he started an e-commerce company, nearby.com in Gurugram, Haryana, and worked as its CEO from 2015 to 2019.
- Currently, he is one of the board members of the company.
- Since 2019, Warikoo is working as a digital educator and content creator.
- He has conducted various courses on entrepreneurship, personal growth, and career management.
- Ankur published his first book, “Do Epic Shit” on December 21, 2021, and it became one of the top-selling books in India.
Ankur Warikoo’s Awards and Achievements
- Warikoo received the Young Leader Award 2005-06 by the Indian School of Business.
- He was listed in the list of top executives below 40 years in Business Today Magazine in 2014.
- Warikoo received India’s Most Promising Entrepreneur Award by TEDx NIT Srinagar in 2018.
- He was listed in LinkedIn India’s Top voices for three consecutive years, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Warikoo was awarded 30 Entrepreneurs of the Year 2017 by Silicon Review.
- He got the LinkedIn India Power Profile 2018.
- Warikoo was rewarded with the LinkedIn India spotlight in 2019.
Suggested Read: Y. S. Chowdary