NV Tyagarajan is the chief executive officer (CEO) and president of Genpact Ltd., a global professional services firm that delivers digital transformation solutions to various clients. He is one of the pioneered industry leaders, who successfully transformed a division of General Electric (GE Capital International Services) into Genpact. Tyagarajan’s friends named him ‘Tiger’, as they found his real name difficult to pronounce. Also, the poem “Tyger, burning bright…” by William Blake was a perfect abbreviation for Tyagarajan and perfectly matched his distinctive facial features.
|Popular As||Tiger Tyagarajan|
|Age (As of March 2022)||58 years|
|Date of Birth||Not mentioned|
|Place of Birth||Not mentioned|
|Father’s Name||Not mentioned|
|Mother’s Name||Not mentioned|
|Children||Abhinav Tyagarajan (Son)|
NV Tyagarajan’s Early Life
- Tyagarajan joined GE because he always wanted to have a career and not just a job.
- His friends called him ‘Tiger’ because his name was difficult for them to pronounce.
- Tyagarajan always believed in the approach of ‘lifelong learning.
NV Tyagarajan’s Educational Qualifications
- Tyagarajan completed his higher secondary at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
- He pursued his mechanical engineering at IIM, Ahmedabad in 1983.
- In 1985, Tyagarajan completed his MBA in business from IIM, Ahmedabad.
NV Tyagarajan’s Career
- Tyagarajan started his career as the Regional Sales Manager at Unilever India in April 1985.
- In 1991, he became the Vice President of Citibank.
- After three years, from 1994 to 2005, Tyagarajan was appointed as the head of the risk management team of GE Capital.
- He became the CEO of the same company in 1999 and served till 2002 in the same position.
- From October 2002 to February 2005, Tyagarajan became the senior vice president for quality and global operations in GE’s commercial equipment finance division.
- He became the executive vice president and headed the sales, marketing, and business development sections of Genpact Ltd. from 2005 to 2009.
- Tyagarajan became the CEO of the company in 2009.
- From 2011, he took on the role of the CEO, president, and director of Genpact Ltd.