Pushkar Singh Dhami is a BJP member and the current chief minister of Uttarakhand. On July 3, 2021, Dhami was elected as the 10th chief minister of Uttarakhand after Tirath Singh Rawat resigned. Although he lost the 2022 legislative election against Bhuwan Chandra Kapri from the Khatima constituency, Dhami was re-elected for the position of Uttarakhand’s chief minister on March 21, 2022, by BJP MLAs.
He took the oath in Dehradun in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Home Minister Amit Shah, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, BJP president JP Nadda and other BJP chief ministers like, Manohar Lal Khattar and Yogi Adityanath.
Pushkar Singh Dhami Personal Details
|Name||Pushkar Singh Dhami|
|Age (As of 2021)||46 years|
|Date of Birth||16-Sep-75|
|Place of Birth||Tundi village, Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand|
|Hometown||Khatima, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand|
|Profession||Indian political leader|
|Designation||Chief Minister of Uttarakhand and a member of the BJP|
|Father’s Name||Sher Singh Dhami (Retired subedar in the Indian army)|
|Mother’s Name||Vishna Devi (Housewife)|
|Spouse Name||Geeta Dhami|
|Children||Two sons (Name not mentioned)|
|Net Worth||Rs. 47.07 lakhs|
Pushkar Singh Dhami’s Early Life
- Dhami was born in a Kumaoni Rajput family in the Tundi village of Pithoragarh district.
- After the completion of his 5th standard, his family moved to Nagla Tarai Khabar, Khatima.
- Dhami was fascinated to do social work since childhood.
- He always had the spirit of participation in NSS, scout guide, NCC, and other such branches.
- Dhami played an important role in the operation of the education system by allowing students to unite and fight for their educational interests.
- He took his primary education from a government school due to financial constraints.
Pushkar Singh Dhami’s Educational Qualifications
- Dhami graduated in human resource management and industrial relations from Lucknow University.
- He pursued his LLB from Lucknow University in 2002.
Pushkar Singh Dhami’s Political Career
- Dhami started his political career in 1990 by joining the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
- He also served in the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in various positions.
- In 2001, Dhami served as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
- He also served as the state president of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJYM) from 2002-2008.
- In 2012, Dhami was appointed as a member of the legislative assembly (MLA) for the Khatima tehsil.
- In 2017, he again won as an MLA from the Khatima constituency of Udham Singh Nagar.
- Dhami was appointed as the 11th chief minister of Uttarakhand in 2021.
- He contested the assembly election from the Khatima constituency of Uttarakhand in 2022. He lost the elections, but he led his party to an astounding victory.