The current Managing Director of Bosch Ltd. and Regional President for the Bosch Group in India, Soumitra Bhattacharya has been in the company since 1998. He joined Bosch as a General Manager in Germany. Since then, in almost 3 decades, he paved his way in the company and reached the position of Managing Director in 2017. He is married to Dr. Chandana Bhattacharya. Bhattacharya has interests in traveling and photography. He also speaks on National and International Forums on the topics of Economics, Business Excellence, General Management, and Culture. He is also a social worker.
Bhattacharya had announced in February this year that Bosch will invest a total of Rs 2000 crore in India, in addition to the Rs 8000 that the company had already invested in the last 10 years.
The company would invest ₹1,000 crores towards the localization of advanced automotive technologies, while an equal amount of investment would be made in building digital platforms like Mobility Market Place and Mobility Cloud.
Soumitra Bhattacharya Personal Details
|Designations||Managing Director of Bosch Ltd., and Regional President for the Bosch Group in India.|
|Year of Birth||Not Known|
|Place of Birth||Not Known|
|Current residence||Mumbai Maharashtra|
|Wife’s Name||Dr. Chandana Bhattacharya|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Spoken Languages||English, Hindi, Bengali, German|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Photography|
Soumitra Bhattacharya Educational Qualifications
- Soumitra did his schooling at the Timpany and Calcutta Boys School in Kolkata.
- He graduated with Bachelors in Commerce (Accounting and Finance) from Christ Church PG College in 1978
- He completed his degree as a Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in 1981.
Soumitra Bhattacharya Career
- Bhattacharya Joined Bosch Engineering as General Manager in Germany (from February 1998 to December 1999)
- Became the Vice President of the Jaipur Plant in India (From December 1999 to March 2002)
- Was made the Vice President of the Nashik Unit (From March 2002 to April 2005)
- He was promoted as the Senior Vice President and shifted to Bursa/Istanbul (May 2005 to December 2008)
- Came back to India as the Senior Vice President of the Bengaluru Area ( From January 2009 to June 2011)
- Was promoted as the Joint Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer (From July 2011 to December 2016)
- Bhattacharya is currently the Managing Director of Bosch Ltd and the President of the Bosch Group (From January 2017)
Soumitra Bhattacharya’s Notable Achievements and Contributions
- He is the Board Member of the Micro Trading Private Limited
- He is also the Board Member of the Karnataka State Industrial Investment and Development Corporation Limited
- Bhattacharya is the Chairman of the Automotive Components Manufacturers
- He is also the Chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industries and the Karnataka State Council.
- During the second wave of coronavirus in India, Bosch provided the NITI Ayog with medical aid worth 1 million euros. Bhattacharya handed over the consignment to Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Ayog in a virtual event.