Indian-American businessman, Raj Subramaniam is set to replace Frederick W Smith as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of FedEx Corporation, India’s largest express transportation company, on June 1, 2022. As a member of the five-person executive committee that plans and executes the company’s strategic business activities, he is responsible for providing strategic solutions and directions to all FedEx operating companies.
Raj Subramaniam Personal Details
|Age (As of 2021)||54 years|
|Date of Birth||14-Sep-67|
|Place of Birth||Trivandrum, Kerala|
|Current Residence||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Designation||President and CEO of FedEx|
|Company Headquarters||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Father’s Name||C. Subramaniam|
|Mother’s Name||Name not mentioned|
|Marital Status||Not married|
|Net Worth||$14.2 million|
Raj Subramaniam’s Educational Qualifications
- Raj completed his schooling at a private school.
- He received a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai in 1987.
- Raj completed his master’s in chemical engineering from Syracuse University in 1989.
- He pursued his MBA from The University of Texas, Austin.
Raj Subramaniam’s Professional Journey
- Raj joined FedEx Express in 1991.
- He became the vice president of marketing of Asia Pacific in FedEx Express.
- Later, Raj became the regional president of Canada Pacific.
- In February 2013, he became the EVP, of marketing and communications at FedEx Corp.
- In January 2019, Raj held the position of president and CEO of FedEx Express.
- In 2019, he became the president and chief operating officer (COO) of FedEx Corp.
- Raj was elected to the FedEx board of directors in 2020.
- He is elected as the new CEO of FedEx, to start operations on June 1, 2022.
Raj Subramaniam’s Awards and Achievements
- Raj received IIT Bombay’s alumnus award for his corporate achievements.
- He was included in the Hall of Fame at Fogelman College of Business and Economics at the University of Memphis.
Leave a Reply