The 23-year old Indian entrepreneur, Shashvat Nakrani is the co-founder of the payments app, BharatPe. During the third year of his college, he realized the need to have a specified payment gateway that will help merchants to accept all payment apps like Paytm, Google Pay, BHIM, Phone Pe and others with just a single QR code, without deducting their margins.
Shashvat had a very clear focus on being established as a true SMEs partner of “Bharat”. With this innovative interoperable UPI QR with zero transaction fee, the company was able to grab a space in society and gain merchants’ interest.
Recently, Shashvat Nakrani also became the youngest self-made 90s born billionaire to feature in the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List. Out of a total of 1,007 people, he is among the 13 billionaires having more than Rs 1 lakh crore of wealth.
An excerpt from IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich list 2021 reads, “13 people born in the 90s made the list, all self-made. New Delhi-based Shashvat Nakrani, 23, of payment app BharatPe is the youngest self-made individual.”
Shashvat Nakrani Personal Details
|Date of Birth||Not mentioned|
|Place of Birth||Bhavnagar, Gujarat|
|Designation||Co-founder of BharatPe|
|BharatPe Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Father’s Name||Name not mentioned (Owner of an education institute in Bhavnagar, Gujarat)|
|Mother’s Name||Name not mentioned|
|Marital Status||Not mentioned|
|Net worth||Not mentioned|
Shashvat Nakrani’s Early Life
- Shashvat had to face a lot of struggles during the initial stages of his career.
- His family always supported his career choices.
Shashvat Nakrani’s Educational Qualifications
- Shashvat completed his schooling at his father’s institute.
- He pursued his bachelor’s in textile technology Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, and dropped out in his third year when the entrepreneurial bug bit him.
Shashvat Nakrani’s Career
- Shashvat launched a startup called, bookmyhaircut.com during his college days.
- With the problems he faced during his initial startup, he co-founded BharatPe during the third year of his graduation.
Shashvat Nakrani’s Achievements
- At the young age of 23, Shashvat has achieved the extraordinary feat of being listed as the youngest richest self-made individual in IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich list 2021.
- He is also the youngest co-founder in the Fintech space in India.
BharatPay’s Awards and Achievements
- BharatPe is India’s largest Fintech Company with a network of over 20 lakh merchants and supports them with free UPI payments through a single QR code.
- It won the DigiDhan mission Fintech award 2018-19 at the MeitY startup summit 2019, for innovation in digital payments through emerging technology.
- The company won the national startup award 2020 in the Fintech category.
- BharatPe is the first-ever digital payments app that acquired 100 percent of Payback India, a multi-brand loyalty program from American Express and ICICI Investments’ strategic fund
Also Read: Biography of Shantanu Naidu