Ronojoy Dutta, also known by Rono Dutta, is the whole time director and new CEO of InterGlobe Aviation Limited which operates the country’s biggest airline by market share, IndiGo airlines. He also served as the president of United Airlines from 1999 to 2002 and is the only second Indian to head an American airline. He describes his journey at United Airlines as, “the best thing that happened to me.” Dutta describes the 9/11 attacks as his and the global aviation industry’s worst nightmare.
Ronojoy Dutta Personal Details
|Age (As of 2022)||69 years|
|Date of Birth||Not mentioned|
|Place of Birth||Not mentioned|
|Designation||CEO and whole-time director of InterGlobe Aviation Pvt. Ltd.|
|Corporate Address||Gurugram, Haryana|
|Father’s Name||Not mentioned|
|Mother’s Name||Not mentioned|
|Marital Status||Not mentioned|
|Salary||Rs. 152, 310,000 (approximately)|
Ronojoy Dutta’s Educational Qualifications
- Dutta completed his schooling at St. Edmund’s School, Shillong.
- He pursued his bachelor’s from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur.
- Dutta completed his MBA at Harvard Business School.
Ronojoy Dutta’s Career Highlights
- From 1995 to 1999, Dutta was the senior vice president of the planning and revenue department of United Airlines.
- From 1999 to 2002, he served as the president of United Airlines.
- Dutta served as the chairman of Air Sahara from July 2004 to 2006.
- He was made the president of Sahara Airline Limited in 2006 and worked there till 2008.
- Dutta joined US-based AAR Corporation as a strategic advisor for the Indian market in 2007.
- He is the co-founder, MD, member of the management committee, and member of the investment committee at Achuthan & Co. L.L.C.
- Presently, Dutta is the whole time director and CEO of InterGlobe Aviation Limited.
Suggested Read: Y. S. Chowdary
Leave a Reply