Rohan Nayak is the CEO and co-founder of Pocket FM Pvt. Ltd., a vernacular audio streaming startup launched on September 28, 2018. Witnessing a boom in the audio consumption styles such as podcasts, audio series, audio shows, and much more, the company offers 100,000+ hours of long-format audio content. Pocket FM app was launched when audio was almost a “non-existent category”, and has now become of the most popular startups in this sector.
|Date of Birth||Not mentioned|
|Place of Birth||Not mentioned|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Designation||CEO and co-founder of Pocket FM|
|Company Headquarters||Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Father’s Name||Not mentioned|
|Mother’s Name||Not mentioned|
Rohan Nayak’s Educational Qualifications
- Rohan completed his schooling at Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram in 2010
- He pursued BTech, in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur.
Rohan Nayak’s Career
- Rohan did an internship as a part of his BTech course as a research analyst in 2011 at IIT, Kharagpur.
- In May 2013, he did a summer internship at Barclays bank in Mumbai for 2 months. Rohan was a part of the Corporate and Investment Banking Division.
- Rohan later joined Credit Suisse as a delta one analyst in June 2014.
- In November 2015, he joined Cube26 (Now acquired by Paytm) as a product manager and was later promoted to product lead in March 2017.
- Rohan worked as a product manager in Paytm from April 2018 to September 2018.
- He co-founded Pocket FM in September 2018 along with Nishanth Srinivas and Prateek Dixit.
Pocket FM Pvt. Ltd. envisions letting audio content become a mainstream format for sharing knowledge and experiences. The company acts as a medium to bridge the “format gap” for content creators to reach out to wider audiences.