Alexandr Wang is the world’s youngest self-made billionaire. He is the CEO and co-founder of Scale AI, which aims to accelerate the development of artificial intelligence by providing the apt data required for machine learning. Alexandr learned the art of coding from the internet. He was inspired by Steve Jobs’ quote, “Again, you can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma.”
|Year of birth||1997|
|Place of Birth||Los Alamos, New Mexico|
|Designation||CEO and co-founder of Scale AI|
|Company’s Net Worth||$7.3 billion|
|Father’s Name||Name not known (Weapon physicist at Los Alamos National lab)|
|Mother’s Name||Name not known (Weapon physicist at Los Alamos National lab)|
|Marital Status||Not known|
|Hobbies||Playing violin, programming, writing, hiking, reading Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, and Sartre|
|Languages knew||Chinese, French|
Alexandr Wang’s Early Life
- Alexandr was a math whiz in his childhood. He loved to participate in national math and coding competitions.
- He learned coding by himself with the help of the internet.
- Wang has been playing violin since nine years old.
- Despite all the achievements, his parents are still disappointed with him for dropping out of school.
Alexandr Wang’s Educational Background
- Alexandr completed his schooling at Los Alamos High School.
- He took admitted to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for pursuing a Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science.
- Wang dropped out from MIT in 2016 and joined Y Combinator’s 2016 spring batch to start his own company.
- He took a machine learning course at MIT.
Alexandr Wang’s Career
- Alexandr started working at an early age in 2014. He worked as a software engineer in Addepar.
- After some months he joined Quora as a tech lead and worked for 2 years.
- Alexandr interned at Hudson River Trading in 2016 and developed the trading algorithms.
- In June 2016, he founded Scale AI, a data platform for artificial intelligence
Alexandr Wang’s Awards and Achievements
- Alexandr won a bronze medal in 2011 at the USA Mathematical Talent Search (USAMTS) and later won gold in 2012.
- He scored among the top 30 nationwide in the USA Mathematical Olympiad in 2013.
- Alexandr was a national finalist and a camp invitee at the USA Computing Olympiad (USACO)
- He scored 3rd position at the National Who Wants to Be a Mathematician.
- Wang was a semifinalist at the United States National Physics Olympiad (USAPhO) in 2014.
- He is also named on the list of Forbes 30 Under 30 honorees.