Priyanka Mohite is the first Indian woman to climb five mountain peaks. She achieved this feat by climbing the earth’s third-largest mountain peak, Mount Kanchenjunga, standing at a height of 8586m above sea level. Her love for trekking began at a very early age. Mohite started by hiking towards the Ajinkyatara fort and later weekend trekking to different locations had become a part of her life. Since then adventures and risks have taken a huge space in Mohite’s life.
|Age (As of 2021)||30 years|
|Date of Birth||30-Nov-92|
|Place of Birth||Satara, Maharashtra|
|Mother’s name||Not mentioned|
|Marital Status||Not mentioned|
Priyanka Mohite’s Early Life
- Priyanka’s father is a constant source of inspiration for her. She credited him for the “zidd” she has in her nature.
- She was inspired by Chhatrapati Shivaji’s adventures.
- Mohite is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- She spends her leisure time going on nature walks, rock climbing, and watching mountaineering movies.
Priyanka Mohite’s Educational Qualifications
- Priyanka completed her BSc (Biotech) degree in 2012 from YC College, Satara.
- She also pursued an advanced mountaineering training course in 2012.
Priyanka Mohite’s Mountaineering Journey
- Priyanka started her professional trek in the Sahyadri range of Maharashtra.
- In 2012, she climbed Bandarpunch Mountain in Uttarakhand, at a height of 6200m.
- Priyanka aced the Mount Everest summit, the highest peak in the world at a height of 8849m in 2013.
- In 2015, she climbed 6443m high, the second-highest peak in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Mount Menthosa.
- Mohite was the first Indian woman to climb Mount Lhotse at 8516m in 2019.
- In 2021, she scaled Mount Annapurna at a height of 8091m.
- Priyanka also reached the Mount Makalu and Mount Kilimanjaro summits at 8485m and 5898m respectively.
- On May 5, 2022, she climbed the third largest mountain on earth, Mount Kanchenjunga, at a height of 8586m above sea level.
- Mohite works with Syngene International Limited, Biocon’s research organization.
Awards and Achievements
- Priyanka Mohite is the youngest Maharashtrian and the third youngest Indian to climb Everest.
- She is the first Indian woman to reach Mt. Makalu.
- Mohite is the first Indian woman to climb 5 peaks above 8000m.
- She received the Tenzing Norgay Adventure award 2020
- Priyanka is also honored with Maharashtra Government’s Shiv Chhatrapati State award for adventure sports for 2017-18.
- She is the first Indian woman to scale Mount Annapurna.
Must Read: Y. S. Chowdary