Deepinder Goyal is the co-founder and CEO of Zomato, one of the world’s largest food delivery services and restaurant aggregators. It operates in more than 24 countries such as Indonesia, Sri Lanka, the UK, UAE, Qatar, and many more. He was inspired to launch this online restaurant information service when he saw the demand for food menus among his colleagues in the restaurants.
On experiencing the success of Blinkit’s new model of 10-minute food delivery service, Deepinder announced its 10-minute food delivery offering with Zomato Instant. “Innovating and leading from the front is the only way to survive in the tech industry,” said Deepinder Goyal. He is also in talks to have a merger with Blinkit in an all-stock deal.
Deepinder Goyal Personal Details
|Age (As of 2022)||39 years|
|Date of Birth||January 26th, 1983|
|Place of Birth||Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Designation||Co-founder and CEO of Zomato|
|Company Headquarters||Gurugram, Haryana|
|Father’s Name||Harbans Lal Goyal (Botany teacher)|
|Mother’s Name||English teacher (Name not known)|
|Spouse||Kanchan Joshi (Mathematics professor)|
|Children||Siara Goyal (Daughter)|
|Net Worth||Rs. 2,200 crores (As of January 2021)|
Deepinder Goyal’s Early Life
- Deepinder hails from Muktsar, Punjab.
- He belongs to a middle-class family of teachers.
- Deepinder’s wife, Kanchan Joshi supported him when he left his job to launch his own startup.
Deepinder Goyal’s Educational Qualifications
- Deepinder graduated in mathematics and computing from IIT Delhi in 2005
Deepinder Goyal’s Career
- Deepinder started his career with Bain & Company, New Delhi, as a senior associate consultant in January 2006.
- After two years, he launched FoodieBay, which was later renamed Zomato in 2010.
- In 2011, Zomato expanded across India (Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Pune).
- Deepinder gained an international presence with Zomato in 2012 in various countries like Qatar, the Philippines, UAE, Sri Lanka, and the UK.
- He also started an online food ordering portal, Food, but it failed.
Zomato’s Awards and Achievements
- Economic Times startup of the year 2014
- Asia Pacific gold winner 2015
- NDTV Indian of the year 2015
- 5th India Digital Awards presented by IAMAI 2015
- Google Play best apps of 2017 (Editor’s choice)
- The Economic Times Startup of the year award 2021
Also Read: “You have to dream big and believe that you will succeed”- Broderick Steve Harvey Biography
Leave a Reply