A graduate of Pune University in 2014, Shantanu Naidu started working at the Tata group as a design engineer and is the fifth generation of his family to work for the Tata group. Equipped with a degree in mechanical engineering, he founded the non-profit organization Motopause which makes reflective dog collars to prevent fatal accidents at night. Shantanu became an internet sensation when his video celebrating Tata’s 84th birthday went viral.
One night when he was traveling, he encountered the body of a dog lying on the road. Naidu called his friends and after months of hard work and research, they came up with the idea of reflective dog collars so that the drivers can see a dog from a distance and the accident can be avoided. The base material for the collars was made from recycled denim and around 500 collars were produced.
They went around the city putting the reflective collars around the necks of the stray dogs. The company gained a lot of attention and positive response and was also featured in the Tata Group of companies’ newsletter but was soon out of funds.
Seeing them struggling for funds, Naidu’s father suggested he write to Ratan Tata to raise funds for the startup. The industrialist who has a reputation of being a dog over himself was impressed with the initiative and called Naidu to meet him.
After coming back from New York where he completed his MBA, Naidu was appointed as deputy general manager of the Tata Trust.
Shantanu Naidu Personal Details
|Occupation||Junior Assistant, Entrepreneur|
|Designation||Junior Assistant of Ratan Tata|
|Year of Birth||Not Mentioned|
|Place of Birth||Pune, Maharashtra|
Shantanu Naidu Current residence: Mumbai Maharashtra
|Zodiac Sign||Not Mentioned|
|Spoken Languages||English, Hindi|
|Height||In Feet Inches: 5′ 9″|
Shantanu Naidu Educational Qualifications
- Shantanu Naidu graduated from Pune University in 2014 in Mechanical Engineering
- He completed his MBA from Cornell College, based in Ithaca, New York.
Shantanu Naidu Career
- Naidu started his career as a design engineer at the TATA group.
- He founded the company “Motopause” which makes collars for dogs that prevent them from fatal accidents.
- Naidu became Ratan Tata’s youngest assistant.
- He is also Tata’s advisor and helps Tata with his investments in startups.
- He has been working as the deputy general manager at Ratan Tata’s office for over three years, since July 2018.
- He is the author of the book “I came upon a lighthouse” in which he elaborates on his journey with his mentor, Ratan Tata, which and is published by HarperCollins India in January 2021.
- Notable Achievements and Contributions.
- Founded the nonprofit dog organization Motopause.
- Became Ratan Tata’s youngest assistant.
- His book “I came upon a lighthouse” is best-selling on Amazon.
- Shantanu runs an Instagram page “On Your Sparks” where he helps young students across the country who fear entering the field of entrepreneurship.
- The fees which are charged for the counseling of young students is donated to Motopause.
Also Read: Biography of Shashvat Nakrani – From a college dropout to the youngest self-made billionaire
Leave a Reply