A General Management professional having leadership experience in diverse consumer industries and media management experience in print, television and out of home.
His larger career has been in Media, technology and consumer industries where he did large and small start-up media projects. Partho Dasgupta has earlier led start-up teams and management teams of Times Now, Future Media, The Economic Times and Times Multimedia.
A keen observer of consumer, technology and media trends, Partho Dasgupta was the first CEO of BARC, the joint initiative of Broadcasters, Advertising agencies and Advertisers to develop a new Broadcast Audience Measurement system. His biggest achievements in this assignment was to start up operations from scratch, devising a unique funding model from banks, Multi stakeholder board management, Government and Regulatory management, most advanced technology architecture globally, including M2M and big data capabilities and finally reaching 3000 towns and villages across the country making the panel the largest in the world. BARC is today the largest Audience Measurement panel company in the world, having expanded its sample and also introducing insight offerings in the areas of News, Sports, Music and Premium homes and OOH measurement as well. The company uses Big data tools and ML and AI for its product offerings
Partho Dasgupta BARC was earlier in the leadership team of the country’s largest Education company. He turned around the preschool business while leading the inorganic growth story in k12 schools. He also had an entrepreneurial stint where he cofounded a media company with colleagues. Partho Dasgupta also advised media start-ups and venture firms and their invested companies on brand and management strategies earlier.
Currently, the President of The Advertising Club and member of the Managing Committee of International Advertising Association, Partho is a speaker at multiple events and forums on media and consumer trends, including TEDx. He has also been in the Media and Entertainment committee of CII since 2004.
Partho Dasgupta has been the winner of several industry awards including Best CEO, Media person of the year and lately recognised as part of India’s top 100 People Managers by Forbes. BARC was also adjudged as one of the few Great Places to Work among media companies.
Partho Dasgupta Personal Details
|Name||Partho Dasgupta ( Partho Dasgupta BARC)|
|Date of Birth||26th November 1965|
|Place of Birth||Ranchi|
|Alma Mater||Jadavpur University, Kolkata and IIM Calcutta|
Marital status Married
Hobbies Automobile junky, Music, connoisseur of Malts
Some lesser-known facts about Partho Dasgupta (Partho Dasgupta BARC)
- Partho Dasgupta is a speed junkie/speed racer
- He is tech junkie- fond of all kinds of new gadgets
- Partho Dasgupta loves watching documentaries specially on world history
- Partho Dasgupta loves watching spy and counter insurgency stories
Contribution & Achievements for Partho Dasgupta (Partho Dasgupta BARC)
- Partho Dasgupta is regarded by most in the industry as a startup and turnaround specialist – known for startup’s like Times Now and BARC, while also for turning around Educomp’s Preschool business and growing school business.
- Partho Dasgupta is the winner of numerous awards – including best CEO in media business, media Person of the year etc.
- He is passionate about Human Resource management – was named one of the top 100 people managers of the country by Forbes. BARC was also named as “Best places to work” for three consecutive years under my leadership.
- Partho Dasgupta was the past President of The Advertising Club of India(2019-2021) and member of Boards and committees of International Advertising association, CII and MMA etc for several years.
|Name||Thoth Advisors Pvt Ltd.|
|Founded In||Mar 2022|
|Area Served||PAN India|
Leave a Reply