Amitabh Bachchan, a legendary figure in the Indian film industry, has been a prominent force for over five decades, known for his charisma, talent, and unmatched stardom. His journey from the small town of Allahabad to becoming the “Shahenshah” of Bollywood is truly inspiring. Amitabh Bachchan’s height, a towering 6’2” stature, and his baritone voice have become his trademark, captivating audiences worldwide.
Amitabh Bachchan’s Twitter account’s bio has a quote stated by his father, Mr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan, which goes as, “तुमने हमें पूज पूज कर पत्थर कर डाला ; वे जो हमपर जुमले कसते हैं हमें ज़िंदा तो समझते हैं “~ हरिवंश राय बच्चन!
He has been hosting Kaun Banega Crorepati since the show’s debut in 2000. Except for season 3, which Shah Rukh Khan hosted, Amitabh continued to be its host since then.
Interesting facts about Amitabh Bachchan
- The phrase “One man Industry” is enough to introduce the legend, Mr. Amitabh Bachchan.
- The actor was originally named Inquilab Shrivastava but later changed his name to Amitabh and adopted his father’s pen name ‘Bachchan’ as his surname.
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Fees per episode of Kaun Banega Crorepati began from 25 lakhs for Season 1 and currently stands at 3.5 crores for Season 13.
- Known as the ‘Angry Young Man’ of the 1970s and 1980s, a persona expressed by his film Zanjeer, Mr. Bachchan released 12 consecutive flops at the beginning of his career.
- Amitabh Bachchan’s upcoming movies include Ganapath, releasing on 20th October 2023; Kalki 2898 AD, releasing on 12th January 2024; and Section 84, set to release anytime in 2023-24.
- Bhawana Somaaya wrote Shehenshah of Bollywood’s biography, “Amitabh Bachchan – The Legend,” released in 2020.
- Amitabh Bachchan’s assets worth INR 3,190 crore result from his 55-year career journey.
Big B’s Biography and Personal Details
|Full Name||Amitabh Harivansh Bachchan|
|DOB||11th October, 1942|
|Father||Harivansh Rai Bachchan|
Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi
|Occupation||Actor, Producer, Singer, Television Presenter|
Awards & Honours
Mr. Bachchan has been awarded numerous awards, namely Civilian Awards, National Honors, National Film Awards, Asian Film Awards and Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, and IIFA Awards, among many others in the entertainment industry. Below is a list of Civilian Awards that are awarded to the legend.
|2019||Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2018|
|2007||Legion of Honor|
|1991||Order of Afghanistan by the President of Afghanistan|
Education, Early Life and Family Background
Amitabh Bachchan attended Sherwood College in Nainital before pursuing a degree in Arts from Kirori Mal College, Delhi University. His early aspiration to become an engineer eventually led him to the world of theatre, where he discovered his passion for acting.
The Bachchan family is renowned in the world of arts and literature. Amitabh’s father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, was a celebrated Hindi poet, and his mother, Teji Bachchan, was a social activist. He is married to Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan, a distinguished actress in her own right, and they have two children, Abhishek and Shweta.
- Amitabh Bachchan’s rise to stardom can be described as meteoric. He made his acting debut in the film “Saat Hindustani” in 1969 but achieved recognition with the 1971 film “Anand.”
- However, his iconic role in “Zanjeer” (1973) catapulted him to superstardom. The “Angry Young Man” persona was born, and it resonated deeply with the masses.
- Throughout his career, Mr. Bachchan has delivered unforgettable performances in a wide range of films, including “Sholay,” “Deewar,” “Don,” “Agneepath,” “Paa,” and “Piku.”
- His versatility and ability to portray diverse characters have made him a favorite among filmmakers and audiences.
- Even in his seventies, Amitabh Bachchan continues to be a prolific actor. He has ventured into television with the top-rated show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”.
Shehenshah of Bollywood’s Activities Outside of Career
Beyond acting, Amitabh Bachchan has been involved in various philanthropic and social causes. He has been a UNICEF goodwill ambassador, spreading awareness about polio eradication. His work with NGOs and charities and his powerful voice have made him a driving force for positive change in India.
‘One Man Industry’- The Legacy and Influence
Amitabh Bachchan’s influence extends beyond the silver screen. He has inspired generations of actors and remains a symbol of resilience and success. His memorable dialogues, such as “Don ko pakadna mushkil hi nahin, namumkin hai,” have become ingrained in the entertainment industry.
Big B’s is one of the most celebrated actors in the world, and his journey is a source of inspiration for millions. As we celebrate his achievements, we are reminded that legends like him are born once in a lifetime, leaving an unforgettable mark on the world of cinema and beyond. He is not just a star; he is the guiding light of Indian cinema, and his legacy will continue to shine brightly for generations to come.