In the ever-evolving world of consumer electronics, Aman Gupta stands tall as a visionary leader who has charted an unprecedented course of success. As the Founder and CEO of boAt, he has not only redefined the Indian consumer electronics industry but has also captured the imagination of tech enthusiasts worldwide.
Aman Gupta’s net worth is around Rs. 700 crores. Gupta launched his brand boAt in 2016 along with the co-founder, Mr. Sameer Mehta.
Personal Details and Family Background
|DOB||4th March, 1982|
|POB||New Delhi, India|
|Father’s Name||Neeraj Gupta|
|Mother’s Name||Jyoti Gupta|
|Children||2 daughters, Mia Gupta and Adaa Gupta|
Aman Gupta’s BoAt Adventure
- After completing his education, Aman Gupta ventured into the corporate world, gaining valuable experience in product management and marketing.
- However, it was in 2015 that he decided to chart his course by co-founding boAt, a brand that would soon become synonymous with quality audio products.
- BoAt’s tagline “Plug In to Nirvana” results from co-founders’ thoughts of connecting music to a person’s soul and transcending them into stirring bliss.
- BoAt’s planning for an IPO launch stemmed from the company’s far-sighted goals. BoAt intends to broaden its presence by venturing into various lifestyle categories. The company aims to continue investing to take the brand to new heights by enhancing marketing capabilities and expanding its consumer base.
- Under his leadership, boAt has grown exponentially, offering a wide range of products, including headphones, earphones, and speakers, catering to the diverse needs of tech-savvy consumers.
Shubh-BoAT Controversy – Recent Highlights of the Brand
- Besides serving customers with multi-category electronic products, Aman Gupta’s boAT also pursues sponsorship initiatives. Recently, boAT was sponsoring Shubhneet Singh’s India Tour called ‘Still Rollin’ along with other sponsors such as Book My Show and Moj. Under unfortunate circumstances, boAT pulled back its sponsorship for the Canadian-Punjabi singer’s Indian tour.
- The Shubh-BoAT controversy erupted after Shubh shared a distorted map of India on Instagram.
- The strong Indian roots bring boAT into action against the Khalistani issue, as a result of which boAT ends sponsorship with Shubhneet. Justifying its decision, boAT wrote on social media, “At boAt, while our commitment to the incredible music community runs deep, we are first and foremost a true Indian brand. When we became aware of the remarks made by artist Shubh earlier this year, we chose to withdraw our sponsorship from the tour.”
Educational Background and Career Trajectory
- Aman Gupta’s academic journey was nothing short of impressive. He pursued a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Electrical Engineering from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi.
- He pursued a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the Indian School of Business (IBS), Hyderabad.
|2005||Founder||Advance Telemedia Pvt. Ltd|
|2011||Senior Manager Consultant||KPMG International Limited|
|2012||Director in sales||Harman International|
|2014||Founder||Imagine Marketing India|
|2020||Chairman D2D Council Freelancer||Internet & mobile association|
|2016 – Present||Co-Founder & CMO||boAT|
Awards and Honors
|2019||Businessworld Young Entrepreneur|
|2019||Entrepreneur India Tech 25|
|2020||Super 30 CMO|
|2020||Entrepreneur of the Year|
|2020||40 under 40 Achievers in the Business World|
|2020 & 2021||The World’s Top 5 Wearable Brands|
|2021||Lokmat Most Stylish Entrepreneur of the Year|
|2021||40 under 40 lists of Economic Times|
Aman Gupta’s Ongoing Journey of Innovation and Inspiration
Aman Gupta in Shark Tank India brings his entrepreneurial expertise to the show as one of the esteemed judges, evaluating and mentoring aspiring entrepreneurs.
Under Gupta’s leadership, boAt has not only conquered the Indian market but has also ventured into international waters. The brand’s products are now available in over 40 countries due to its strategic vision and global outlook. In addition to boAt, Gupta has ventured into the world of entrepreneurship and investments, supporting several startups and emerging businesses in India’s burgeoning tech ecosystem.
As the Founder and CEO of boAt, he has disrupted the market and inspired countless aspiring entrepreneurs. Aman Gupta is not just a leader; he is a trailblazer who continues to navigate uncharted waters and set new benchmarks for success. His story inspires all those who dare to dream and are willing to work tirelessly to turn those dreams into reality.