The 42 year-old son of Azim Premji, Rishad will be taking reigns of his father as he decides to step down from the position of executive chairman of Wipro on 30 July 2019. His colleague Abidali Neemuchwala will be taking over as the Managing Director of Wipro Ltd, along with his role as the Chief Executive Officer of the company.
Azim Premji stated about his son that Rishad brings new ways of thinking, experience, and competence to Wipro, which can help the company scale to newer heights.
Here are few facts about Ajim Premji’s son Rishad Premji:
- Rishad Premji is a Harvard University MBA, and had graduated in economics from Wesleyan University.
- Before joining Wipro, Rishad has had worked for 2 years with Bain and Co, and 4 years with GE Capital in the United States.
- In 2005, he got married to his childhood friend Aditi in a very simple way, following his father’s footsteps.
- In 2007, Rishad was placed in Wipro as a business manager after having to attend a series of tough interviews.
- Rishad was appointed as the Chief Strategy Officer of Wipro in 2010.
- He set up a $100 million fund called Wipro Ventures to invests in tech start-ups.
- Currently, Rishad is a Director in Wipro Enterprises Ltd, Wipro-GE and Azim Premji Foundation.
- He won the accomplishment of being awarded the “Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum” for his outstanding leadership, professional accomplishments, and commitment to society.
- A father of two children, Rishad is a huge cricket fan and also enjoys movies and travelling.