Ghazal Alagh, the co-founder of Mamaearth, an Indian unicorn brand, is one of the most successful businesswomen in India. She became a popular figure in business because of Shark Tank India, although she was a prosperous businesswoman before the show.
She has also made notable Shark Tank investments.
She has been listed as one of India’s Top 10 youngest self-made women entrepreneurs, according to IDFC First Bank and Hurun Report 2023. Alagh has been thrust to prominence by IDFC First Bank and the Hurun Report, which features an impressive group of varied young women entrepreneurs who have made a name for themselves in the business world.
Ghazal Alagh: The Birth of Mamaearth
In 2016, when Ghazal Alag and Varun Alag could not locate any toxin-free items for their son Agastya in India, they decided to manufacture and market toxin-free products for kids. Thus, Honasa Consumer was created, launching Mamaearth as an online-only brand and offering toxin-free items in recyclable packaging for infants and young moms.
Ghazal Alagh: Personal Details
|2nd September 1988
|Mr. Kamlesh Sahni
|Mrs. Sunita Sahni
|● Graduation in Computer Applications from Punjab University
● Figurative Arts at the New York Academy of Art
|India’s Top 10 Youngest Women Entrepreneurs
Interesting facts about Ghazal Alagh
- She launched her newborn skincare line under her brand when her son Agastya developed an allergy to the baby care items on the market.
- The mompreneur stated in an interview that, at the time, there were no readily available toxin-free products in the Indian market.
- Together with her husband, Varun Alagh, she co-founded Honasa Consumer Pvt Ltd (Mamaearth) in 2016, making it the first toxin-free Indian brand.
- She worked for NIIT Limited for two years as a corporate trainer.
- She gets up at 5:30 a.m. and has a forte for yoga and reading. Her morning routine includes all of it.
- Ghazal Alagh’s shark tank investments amount to INR 40 lakhs in start-ups such as Uvi Health, Baby Chakra, Humpy A2, The Sass Bar anD many more.
Ghazal Alagh: Awards and Recognitions
|Best Brand of the Year Award for Mamaearth
|Awarded Business World 40 under 40 Award from Businessworld.
|Super Start-ups Asia Award
|Listed among the 20 women on Forbes’ list of Asia’s Power Businesswomen
|Recognized by Union Minister Smriti Irani as among the achievers at the 19th Annual Business Today ‘Most Powerful Women in Business’ event
|Recognized among top 10 youngest, self-made entrepreneurs – IDFC HURUN List
Ghazal Alagh: A Visionary Entrepreneur Strengthening Women Participation
Listed as one of India’s Top 10 youngest entrepreneurs, Mrs Alagh is a prominent figure representing and highlighting the tremendous potential of women in the business world. Apart from being an artist, Ghazal Alagh has reached a new height of becoming a successful entrepreneur; with all the ups and downs in her life, she has always stood by her goals and founded Mamaearth in September 2016. She has remained an icon for all the women who wished to make a difference in their lives.