Vineeta Singh has achieved recognition as one of India’s Top 10 youngest entrepreneurs, as per the IDFC First Bank and Hurun Report. She has been featured on the cover pages of esteemed business magazines such as Forbes India, Business Today, and Businessworld. In 2007, Singh co-founded her first start-up, Quetzal, but it faced challenges. Undeterred, she proved her determination by launching her second startup, FAB BAG, in 2012. This subscription platform delivered beauty products monthly. Simultaneously, in 2015, she co-founded her third startup, Sugar Cosmetics, alongside her husband.
Sugar Cosmetics specializes in selling cosmetics and personal care products tailored for the Indian market. In an interview with Business Today, Singh disclosed that funding was conditional on her husband’s full-time involvement, a situation she considered discriminatory against women.
Regarding Vineeta Singh’s ownership in SUGAR Cosmetics, she possesses approximately 22.98% of shares. The company itself constitutes 57.02%, while ESOP accounts for 9.11%, Angel investors hold 4.44%, and other stakeholders have 0.03%.
Vineeta Singh: Basic Details
|Tej P. Singh
|Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram
IIT Madras, IIM Ahmedabad
|India’s Top 10 youngest women entrepreneurs
Vineeta Singh Biography: Interesting Facts
- Since her early years, Vineeta has consistently earned gold medals for academic achievements and showcased prowess as an exceptional athlete.
- In 2007, while at IIM Ahmedabad, Vineeta was honored with the Dulari Mattu Award for being the best female all-around player.
- Vineeta’s decision to turn down a ₹1 crore offer from a global investment bank garnered attention, earning her a spot on the cover of a weekly magazine.
- Acknowledged by The Economic Times as a young business leader, Vineeta received the prestigious 2020 Business Leader Under Forty Award.
- In 2021, Forbes India Magazine featured Vineeta on its list of the country’s most powerful women.
- A seasoned runner, Vineeta has completed over 14 full and half marathons. Notably, she conquered the Comrades Ultra Marathon in South Africa—an 89-kilometer race to be completed within 12 hours. Her remarkable achievement earned her a bronze medal after successfully completing the race three times.
- Recognized as one of the 100 most thoughtful women globally, Vineeta’s intellectual contributions have made a significant impact.
- Adding to her diverse portfolio, Vineeta served as a judge on Shark Tank India Season 1 in 2021. This television program is groundbreaking in its dedication to supporting aspiring business owners and aiding in the growth of their ventures.
Vineeta Singh: Awards and recognition
- Businessworld honored her with the BW Disrupt 40 Under 40 Award in 2021.
- In 2021, Forbes included her in their prestigious 40 Under 40 list.
- Recognizing her outstanding contributions, Vineeta received the Forbes India W-Power Award in 2021.
- The 2019 Entrepreneur Awards in Delhi acknowledged her venture, presenting her with the coveted Start-up of the Year Award.
- Demonstrating leadership on a global scale, she earned a spot on the Young Global Leadership list of the World Economic Forum in 2022.
- Throughout the period of 2001 to 2005, spanning four Inter IIT Sports Meets, she showcased her athletic prowess by securing two gold and two silver medals for IIT Madras.
Vineeta Singh Biography: Key Takeaway
Vineeta Singh stands as an embodiment of success and serves as a role model for countless women in India and around the world. Being featured among India’s Top 10 Youngest Entrepreneurs underscores her exceptional capabilities and resilience as a successful business leader and entrepreneur. Her unwavering commitment and dedication to her work have garnered well-deserved recognition from industry leaders on a global scale.