Wilmot Reed Hastings revolutionized the world of entertainment by introducing Netflix all across the globe. Hastings became the co-founder (CEO) of Netflix in 1995. The video streaming app offers TV shows and films to millions of members globally. Originally, Netflix operated as a DVD subscription provider, but from 2007 it started streaming content online.
Wilmot Reed Hastings Biography, he was born in Boston, Massachusetts, and he completed his graduation in 1983. After graduating, he spent two years with the Peace Corps, teaching mathematics at a school in Switzerland. During this period, Hastings evolved his entrepreneurial spirit and started his first company named – Pure Software. Hastings is also a well-known philanthropist, and he has devoted a great part of his life to speak about educational issues, remarkably charter schools. He also served as the president of ‘California State Board of Education from 2000 to 2004.
Reed Hastings Biography
|Name||Wilmot Reed Hastings Jr.|
|Education||Bowdoin College (BA), Stanford University (MS)|
Reed Hastings Education
- Hastings pursued his bachelor’s degree from Bowdoin College, Maine in 1983.
- He obtained his master’s degree in Computer Science from Stanford University in 1988.
Reed Hastings Career
- Hastings served in the Peace Corps, Swaziland from 1983-86.
- He worked as a software developer from 1988-90.
- In 1990, he founded Pure Atria Software and sold it to Rational Software in 1997.
- Hastings served as the president of the California State Board of Education from 2000-04.
- He founded Netflix, Inc., in 1997, and currently serves as president, chief executive officer, and board chair.
Reed Hastings Achievements
- Hastings appeared on the front page of the ‘USA Today’ article in 1995, posing on his Porsche.
- He was recognized with the ‘David Packard award’ for civic entrepreneurship in 2017.
- Hastings joined a distinguished list of Silicon Valley as a Joint Venture’s highest honor.
Quotes by Reed Hastings
“Stone Age, Bronze Age, and Iron Age, we define entire epics of humanity by the technology they use.”- Reed Hastings