Being an author and an international media mogul, Arianna Huffington’s journey began with an award-winning news platform – The Huffington Post, a popular liberal website offering news and commentary. The platform was started in 2005, and eventually, it gained huge success which made her secure place in the list of America’s most influential bloggers.
In 2016, Arianna started her second venture after the popularity of the Huffington Post. It was a health and wellness startup ‘Thrive Global’, of which she serves as a CEO. Thrive Global was launched in November 2016 with the aim to reduce stress and toxicity among people caused by media and technology.
Arianna Huffington Biography
|Education:||University of Cambridge|
|Birth Place:||Athens, Greece|
|Academics:||Masters of Arts (Economics), Cambridge University|
- In 1973, Huffington wrote a book titled “The Female Woman” which emerged as a bestseller.
- In the late 1980s, she wrote several articles for the National Reviews.
- In 1981, Huffington wrote a biography of ‘Maria Callas’- The Woman behind the Legend.
- She spoke at the College Democrats of America Convention in Boston in 2004.
- In 2013, Huffington spoke at ‘One Young World Counsellor’, in South Africa, and Ireland 2014, on the value of youth leadership.
- In 2016, Huffington received an honorary degree from Colby College in Waterville, Maine.
- In 1997, Huffington was nominated for the prime-time Emmy for the comedy talk show ‘Politically Incorrect.
- In 2012, ‘The Huffington Post became the first media enterprise to win Pulitzer Prize.
- Huffington was listed in the Forbes Most Powerful Women list.
- She was mentioned in Time Magazine’s list of the world’s 100 most influential people.
- Huffington was listed in Oprah Winfrey’s SuperSoul100list of visionaries and influential leaders in 2016.
- The Guardian included her in the top 100 media list.
Quotes by Arianna Huffington
“The world needs women to redefine success beyond money and power. We need a third metric, based on our well-being, our health, our ability to unplug and recharge and renew ourselves, and to find joy in both our job and the rest of our life.” — Arianna Huffington
“Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It’s the mastery of fear. It’s about getting up one more time than we fall down”— Arianna Huffington
Leave a Reply