Indra Nooyi is the former CEO of one of the largest food and beverage companies- PepsiCo. Nooyi has been constantly ranked among the world’s most powerful women. Indra Nooyi Biography is very inspiring.
Born in T. Nagar, Nooyi received her bachelor’s degree from Madras Christian College in 1974. Indra Nooyi has always been highly innovative, brilliant, and she refuses to adhere to the conservative societal norms.
Indra Nooyi Biography
|Name||Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Famous as||CEO- PepsiCo|
Indra Nooyi Education
- Nooyi got her primary education from Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School. Later, she graduated from Madras Christian College in 1974.
- Nooyi earned her Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA) from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in 1976.
- In 1976, Nooyi joined Yale School of Management and pursued a master’s degree in Public and Private Management, and graduated in 1980.
Indra Nooyi Career
- Nooyi’s got her first job in a British textile company – Tootal.
- Then, she moved on to work with Johnson & Johnson as a product manager.
- Later, Nooyi worked with Stayfree, where she managed to introduce sanitary napkin products to women in India through direct marketing at schools and colleges.
- In 1986, she moved to Motorola as a senior executive, and she was promoted to the position of vice president and director of corporate strategy and planning in 1988.
- In 1990, Nooyi became the senior vice president and director of the corporate strategy and strategic marketing at Asea Brown Boveri (ABB).
- Indra Nooyi joined PepsiCo in 1994 as senior vice president and became its CEO in 2006.
Indra Nooyi Achievements
- She has consistently ranked on ‘Forbes’ magazine’s list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women, and ’Fortune’ magazine for five consecutive years from 2006 to 2010.
- Nooyi was honored with the Padma Bhushan award in 2007 by the honorable President.
She is also recognized as the CEO of the Year by Global Supply Chain Leaders Group in 2009.