Peyush Bansal is the co-founder and CEO of the leading eyewear brand, Lenskart. He is one of the most passionate entrepreneurs who abruptly quit his stable job in America and came to India to start his own venture in the eyewear industry. His aim – address the problem of visual deprivation on a global scale. Starting out initially with just contact lenses, Lenskart now deals in eyeglasses, sunglasses, and more. Peyush has recently become a popular face on Indian television after his appearance as one of the sharks in the famous TV show, Shark Tank India.
Peyush Bansal Personal Details
|Age||36 years (As of 2021)|
|Date of Birth||26-Apr-85|
|Place of Birth||New Delhi, India|
|Designation||Co-founder and CEO of Lenskart|
|Father’s Name||Name unknown (Chartered accountant)|
|Mother’s Name||Kiran Bansal|
|Siblings||One elder brother (Name unknown)|
|Hobbies||Traveling, listening to music, and reading books|
|Net worth||$80 million (approximately)|
Peyush Bansal’s Early Life
- Peyush was born in Delhi to a middle-class family.
- He had a career job before shifting to entrepreneurship.
- His keenness towards solving vision deprivation led to the launch of Lenskart.
Peyush Bansal’s Educational Qualifications
- Peyush did his schooling at Don Bosco School, Delhi
- He completed his bachelor’s in electrical engineering in 2006 from McGill University, Canada.
- Peyush did post-graduation in entrepreneurship from IIM Bengaluru.
Peyush Bansal’s Career Highlights
- In 2007, Peyush joined as a program manager at Microsoft.
- The same year, he launched a campus classified portal, searchmycampus.com, which provided various services to college students.
- In 2008, Peyush founded Valyoo Technologies and started selling eyewear online in the USA.
- He co-founded Lenskart, an Indian eyewear brand, along with Amit Chaudhary and Sumeet Kapahi in 2010.
- In December 2021, Peyush appeared as one of the sharks in the TV show, Shark Tank India.
Peyush Bansal’s Award and Achievements
- Peyush was honored with British Association Medal in 2006 by McGill University.
- His Valyoo Technologies was recognized as one of the top 100 Asia companies by Red Herring in 2010.
- Peyush was awarded the emerging entrepreneur of the year in 2012 by Indian E-tail.
- Lenskart was awarded Marketing Sherpa Email awards in 2014.
- Peyush received the India TV Yuva awards (in the business category) in 2015.
- He was also listed in Fortune India’s Best 40 under 40 entrepreneurs in 2019.
Peyush Bansal’s Areas of Interest
Human capital, organizational development, and financial relations
Also Read: Khushboo Jain’s ImpactGuru aims to improve the crowdfunding environment in India
Leave a Reply