Vineeta Singh is an Indian businesswoman who made her name by co-founding the famous Indian cosmetic brand SUGAR, in 2015. Her vision to create makeup products for Indian skin tones made her enter the cosmetics industry. Vineeta is also a marathoner, who along with her husband completed the world’s longest race, Iron Man Triathlon, and the duo came to be known as the ‘ironman couple.’
Vineeta Singh Personal Details
|Age (As of 2021)||38 years|
|Year of Birth||1983|
|Place of Birth||Delhi, India|
|Designation||Co-founder of the cosmetic brand, SUGAR|
|Father’s Name||Tej Singh (Scientist at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi)|
|Mother’s Name||Name not mentioned (Ph.D. holder)|
|Spouse||Kaushik Mukherjee (Co-founder of SUGAR cosmetics)|
|Children||Vikrant Mukherjee and Ranveer Mukherjee (Sons)|
|Hobbies||Traveling, cycling, swimming, playing, running|
|Net Worth||Rs 100 crore (As of 2019-20)|
Vineeta Singh’s Early Life
- Vineeta is a marathoner and a triathlete, who has participated in more than 14 marathons.
- She had won many badminton competitions during her college days.
- She purposely rejected a job placement of Rs 1 crore p.a. salary after her graduation to start her own business.
- Due to financial difficulties, Vineeta also worked for a salary of Rs 10,000 per month to meet her daily expenses.
Vineeta Singh’s Educational Qualifications
- Vineeta completed her schooling at Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, New Delhi, in 2001.
- She pursued B.Tech in electrical engineering from IIT, Madras from 2001 to 2005.
- She did a three-month summer internship at ITC Limited, Kolkata in May 2004.
- In 2005, Vineeta completed her MBA from IIM, Ahmedabad.
- While pursuing her MBA, she also did a three-month internship at Deutsche Bank, London, and New York.
Vineeta Singh’s Professional Journey
- Vineeta was appointed as the director at Quetzal Online Private Limited, a Mumbai-based Recruitment Company in April 2007.
- After working for approximately 5 years, she co-founded FAB BAG, a beauty product supplying company based in Mumbai.
- She co-founded SUGAR, a leading cosmetic brand, along with her husband in 2015 and became one of the leading businesswomen in India as it gained popularity.
- In 2021, Vineeta appeared as one of the experts in the TV game show, Kaun Banega Crorepati.
- She was also one of the sharks in the famous TV show, Shark tank India.
Vineeta Singh’s Awards and Achievements
- Vineeta was invited as a guest speaker at TEDx, Pune, in 2018, to speak on the topic, ‘how to turn your fears into wins?’
- She received the start-up of the year award 2019 by Entrepreneur Awards, Delhi.
- Vineeta was recognized as one of India’s young business leaders by the Economic Times’ 40 Under Forty award in 2020.
- She was featured in Forbes’s most powerful businesswoman cover in December 2021.
- She has also been featured in many business magazines.
Vineeta Singh’s Success Mantra
“If you want to do something world-class, you have to continuously contribute to your work and be patient about the results.”
Suggested Read: Y. S. Chowdary