An American actor and comedian, Hasan Minhaj serves as a Senior Correspondent for ‘The Daily Show’. Hasan is a series regular on the sitcom ‘State of Georgia’ and has been starred in MTV’s ‘Disaster Date’. He has also appeared on the show ‘Getting On’ and ‘Arrested Development’ in a guest role. The American star has also worked as a voiceover artist, and he has given his voice to the character of Rabi Ray Rana for the video game series ‘Far Cry 4’.
Minhaj’s first stand-up comedy show ‘Homecoming King’ also comes under the list of contributions he has made as an actor to the industry. Minhaj was chosen as a featured speaker for the 2017 ‘White House Correspondents’ Dinner. His web work ‘The Truth with Hasan Minhaj’ has received special mentions in countless publications including ‘The New York Times, ‘Gawker’, and ‘The Huffington Post’.
Hasan Minhaj Biography
|Birth Place||United States|
Hasan Minhaj Early Life
- Hasan Minhaj’s parents are Indian U.P Muslim immigrants from Aligarh Uttar Pradesh.
- Until the age of eight, Minhaj did not know that he had a sister.
- His sister is the attorney in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Hasan Minhaj Education
- Hasan Minhaj attended Davis Senior High School.
- He was graduated in the year 2003.
- In 2007, Hasan completed his master’s degree in Political Science.
Hasan Minhaj Career
- Hasan Minhaj first traveled to San Francisco to give his first performance as a comedian.
- In 2008, he won Wild 94.4’s ‘Best Comic Standing’ competition, which opened the door to act for Katt Williams, Pablo Francisco, and Gabriel Iglesias.
- Hasan worked part-time for the website Ning which helped him write comedy.
- In 2009, Minhaj performed on NBC’s Stand-up for Diversity where he qualified as the first finalist.
- In 2011, he reappeared on the TV sitcom State of Georgia.
- In 2013, Minhaj appeared in the guest role on Arrested Development and Getting On.
- Hasan has also given voice for Rabi Ray Rana in the video game Far Cry 4 in 2014.
- In 2014, Hasan joined The Daily Show as a correspondent.
- In 2016, Hasan performed as the host of the annual Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner.
- In 2017, Minhaj was a featured speaker at the 2017 White House Correspondents Dinner.
- Minhaj’s show – Homecoming King, debuted Off-Broadway in October 2015.
- He later turned the show into his first stand-up special, which premiered on Netflix on May 23, 2017.
- In March 2018, Netflix announced that Minhaj would host his own weekly show on the platform.
Hasan Minhaj Achievements
- In 2019, Minhaj was listed among TIME’s 100 Most Influential People in the world, winning the second Peabody Award for Patriot Act.
Hasan Minhaj Personal Life
- In January 2015, Hasan got married to Beena Patel, whom he had met in college.
- Hasan Minhaj and his wife are both second-gen Indian Americans.
- They have two children, a daughter, and a son.