As India prepares for a massive vaccination drive to contain the spread of coronavirus, Krishna Ella, chief of Bharat Biotech, has been a name quite ubiquitous. He is the founder of this biotechnology company and its chairman and managing director as well.
Born in Tamil Nadu, Dr Krishna Ella is an alumnus of University of Hawaii and University of Wisconsin-Madison. Before starting his venture with Bharat Biotech, he worked at the Medical University of South Carolina-Charleston. Besides, he is also the founder of Biovet and Innova Food Park and is a member of numerous committees that are involved in science education and policy.
Dr Krishna Ella Biography
|Alma Mater||University of Hawaii University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|Occupation||Chairman, Managing Director|
|Birthday||March 11, 1969|
|Birth Place||Tamil Nadu|
|Medical University of South Carolina-Charleston||Worked as a research faculty|
|Innova Food Park||Founded|
|Bharat Biotech||Founded in 1996|
Awards and Honors
- ET Now Special Recognition for Healthcare Industry Award
- JRD Tata – Best Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Marico Innovation Award
- University of Southern California – Asia-Pacific Leadership Award
Furthermore, Dr Krishna Ella is also strongly associated with various committees. Through this, he has been striving to shape the country’s science education and policy for the better. Some of the committees include:
- Scientific Advisory Committee to the Union Cabinet
- CSIR Governing Council.
- CCMB Governing Council.
- Research Council for CSIR National Laboratories.
- Board of Visitors – Global Health Institute, University of Wisconsin-Madison