Who is Kamal Haasan? The name resonates with excellence in Indian cinema, transcending the boundaries of time, language, and genres. An actor par excellence, a gifted filmmaker, and a revered personality, Mr. Haasan has left an everlasting imprint on the Indian entertainment world. He has not only made his mark in the film industry but has also introduced many new technologies and cosmetics in the Indian Film Industry.
Who is Kamal Haasan: Basic Details
|Full name||Parthasarathy Srinivasan, also famously known as Kamal Haasan|
|DOB||7th November, 1954|
|POB||Paramakudi, Tamil Nadu|
|Occupation||Actor, Film Maker, Play Back Singer, Television Presenter, Politician|
Interesting facts about Kamal Haasan
- Big boss Tamil Host Kamal Haasan began acting when he was four. At age six, he received the President’s Medal for Best Actor for his part in Kalathur Kannamma.
- Synonymous with cinema, he is an actor, director, screenwriter, producer, lyricist, choreographer, and dancer.
- He is fluent in several languages, including Tamil, English, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, Bengali, Kannada, and French.
- He is surprisingly the only Indian actor who has appeared in six films: Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Bengali. In addition, he is the first Indian actor who has produced Silver Jubilee films in five languages.
- Mr Haasan has the most films (7) nominated for an Oscar in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
- Mr Haasan, the President of the Makkal Needhi Maiam party, has the most Filmfare Awards (19) of any Indian actor. In 2000, he wrote to the Filmfare committee, begging that he not be honoured again.
- From 1988 until 1998, Kamal was the highest-paid star. In 1994, he made history by becoming the first Indian actor to be paid INR 1 crore for a single film.
- He quit fan clubs and founded ‘Narpani Iyakkam.’ He is the first to convert all of his fan clubs into charitable organisations.
- The French government honoured him with the ‘Chevalier’ Award in 2016 for his extraordinary contribution to Indian cinema. Following the renowned Sivaji Ganesan, he was the second Tamil actor to earn this honour.
- Mr Haasan is one of the few Indian celebrities paid by cheque. In the past, the Income Tax Department honoured him as the best taxpayer.
- He has recently launched his fashion line, ‘KH House of Khaddar’ (KHHK).
- Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thug Life’ movie trailer was released on November 6, 2023, ahead of the actor’s birthday on November 7.
Kamal Hassan Biography: Awards and Accolades
|1961||President’s Gold Medal for Best Child Actor for his debut ‘Kalathur Kannamma’|
|1979||Kalaimamani Award from the government of Tamil Nadu|
|1990||Padma Shri Award|
|2006||Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan Award for Excellence|
|2007||Living Legend Award from FCCI|
|2009||Appointed as the Chairman of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry|
|2013||Among the 20 film celebrities recognized by Coca-Cola India with the launch of the 24th edition of the Limca Book of Records|
|2014||Padma Bhushan Award|
- Apart from the above awards, Kamal Haasan has also won 4 National Film Awards, 9 Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, 4 Nandi Awards, 1 Rashtrapati Award, 2 Filmfare Awards, 17 Filmfare Awards South.
Kamal Hassan Biography: Legacy and Enduring Influence
KH House of Khaddar owner Kamal Haasan’s contributions to Indian cinema are not confined to his films. He has influenced aspiring actors, filmmakers, and cinephiles alike. His experimentation with various roles and genres has expanded the horizons of Indian cinema, setting new benchmarks for creativity and excellence. As he continues to evolve and inspire, Mr. Haasan remains a revered figure whose legacy will endure for generations.