Rajinikanth’s Biography: Better known as Thalaivaa, became the first actor from the South Indian film Industry to be widely recognized all around India for his spectacular acting and unique dialogue delivery style. He has acted in 150+ films ranging from Tamil and Telugu to Bengali and Hindi. He made a mark in the film industry and people’s hearts through his benevolent nature.
Rajinikanth’s Biography: 7 Interesting Facts about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth is a spiritual person who also practices yoga and meditation. His spiritual journey began when his elder brother enrolled him at Ramakrishna Math, a monastery started by Ramakrishna Mission.
- Initially, his family didn’t support him in his acting career, but he had a friend and co-worker named Raj Bahadur who encouraged him and helped him to join the acting classes.
- His theatre aspirations first appeared at the monastery where he played the Eklavya of “Mahabharata.”
- He got his stage name “Rajnikant” from Tamil Director K. Balachander to give him a distinct identity from actor Sivaji Ganesan.
- He always looks up to Amitabh Bachchan as his inspiration. He also did Tamil remakes of his films, like- ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’ was remade as ‘Shankar Salim Simon.’
- He did his last Kannada and Malayalam film ‘Garjanai’ in 1981.
- People also consider him the demigod in South India because of his humble behavior.
Rajinikanth’s Biography: Personal Details
|Full Name||Shivaji Rao Gaikwad|
|DOB||12th December 1950|
|Father’s name||Ramoji Rao Gaekwad|
|Mother’s name||Mrs. Jijabai|
|Education||– Gavipuram Government Kannada Model Primary School
– Acharya Pathasala Public School
– Diploma in Acting from Madras Film Institute
|Occupation||Actor, Producer, and Screenplay Writer|
Career Trajectory- From Being a Coolie to the Biggest Superstar
- Rajinikanth’s career journey was not this smooth from the beginning. Before pursuing acting full time, he used to do a lot of odd jobs ranging from coolie to being a bus conductor and getting ₹750/month.
- In 1975, Rajinikanth made his first acting Debut with K. Balachander’s film “Apoorva Raagangal.”
- Initially, the film was under controversies, but later on, it won three National Awards and acclaimed Rajinikanth as a dignified and impressive actor.
- He was cast as the main character in 11 Telugu remakes of Amitabh Bachchan’s movies.
- In 1983, he made his first film for Hindi Cinema, Andha Kanoon, starring Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini, which became a massive hit and gave him a place in Hindi cinema.
- Rajinikanth’s walking style is a part of his style quotient that distinguishes him.
- Rajinikanth’s remuneration for every movie ranges between 40-45 crore, and currently, Rajiniknath’s net worth is $55 million.
5 Famous Dialogues by Rajinikanth
- Kabali: “Naan vandhuten nu sollu, thirumbi vandhutenu. Twenty-five varushathuku munadi epdi ponano Kabali apdiye thirumbi vandhutan nu sollu. Kabali da!”
Translation: Tell them that I have come back. Kabali has returned exactly the way he left 25 years ago. Kabali da!
- Sivaji- Kanna, panninga dha kootama varum. Singam single a dha varum”
Translation: Only pigs come in a group. The lion comes alone.
- Moondru Mugam : “Thee pettiku rendu pakkam urasuna dha thee pudikum. Aana indha Alex Pandiyan ku endha pakkam urasunalum thee pudikum.”
Translation: “With a matchbox, fire is created only when you strike on both sides. But for Alex Pandian, fire is created if you strike any side.”
- Padayappa- “En vazhi thani vazhi, seendatha.”
Translation: My way is a unique way. Don’t provoke me.
- 16 Vayathinile: “Idhu epdi iruku?“
Translation: How is this?
Rajinikanth’s Philanthropic Acts
- Rajinikanth stood against the Karnataka Government’s decision for river Kaveri and contributed 10 million to interlink the rivers.
- In the 1980s, when everyone was against eye donation, he took the issue and supported corneal translation over national television and in his public speeches.
- He further extended his support to Anna Hazare for his anti-corruption movement. He offered his commercial wedding venue to the people fasting for the campaign free of cost.
- He also arranged temporary accommodations for all the sanitary workers hired for the 2015 South Indian Floods.
Rajinikanth’s Biography: Awards and Recognitions
|2007||Raj Kapoor Award|
|2010||Recognized as “Most Influential Indian of the Year” by Forbes|
|2021||Dadasaheb Phalke Award|
Apart from these, there are a bunch of accolades and recognitions, including Filmfare awards, state film awards, and various awards from the Government’s end the superstar was bestowed with.
Recent Controversies and Upcoming Projects- A major turn in his Career
Recently, controversies have been running against Rajinikanth. Ysrcp leaders are trolling him for praising the Former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N Chandrababu Naidu. He visited Andhra Pradesh this October for NTR’s birthday celebrations, where he praised the development of beauty of Hyderabad over a substantial period, praising the efforts of the former Chief Minister. Since then, he has been under controversy.
There are a few upcoming projects in the coming year, including the movie ‘Lal Salaam,’ released in 2024, and ‘Thalaivar 170,’ which would be his 170th film.