Parag Agarwal is a name that needs no introduction. This man is in the headlines, having become the youngest Indian-American to be the CEO of Twitter. On 29 November 2021, Parag has designated the position of chief executive officer (CEO) right after Jack Dorsey resigned from his position.
Parag Agarwal Biography
|Birth Date||21st May 1984|
|Birth Place||Ajmer, India|
|Education||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (Btech) Stanford University (PhD)|
|Net Worth||$1.52 million|
Parag Agarwal Early Life
- Parag Agarwal was born in the year 1976 in India.
- Later, he shifted to Mumbai.
- Parag’s father was a senior official in the Indian Department of Atomic Energy.
- His mother was a professor at Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai.
Parag Agarwal Education
- Parag Agarwal studied at Atomic Energy Central School.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal and Parag Agarwal were classmates.
- Parag won a gold medal at the 2001 International Physics Olympiad held in Turkey.
- In 2000, he earned 77th rank in the Joint Entrance Exam 2000.
- In 2005, Parag studied B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Bombay.
- He then moved to the US to pursue a Ph.D. in computer science from Stanford University.
Parag Agarwal Career
- Prior to joining Twitter, Parag Agarwal held leadership positions at Microsoft Research and Yahoo.
- Initially in his career, Parag started working on an ad-related product. However, he didn’t continue it for long and started working on Artificial Intelligence.
- In 2018, Parag was selected as a CTO of Twitter.
- After serving Twitter for ten years, he became the new CEO of Twitter in 2021.
Parag Agarwal Personal Life
- Parag Agarwal is married to Vineeta Agarwal.
- Vineeta Agarwal is a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz, a venture capital firm.
- The couple has a son named Ansh.