Roshni Nadar Malhotra is the chairperson of HCL Technologies. Recently, she became the richest woman in India, with a whopping net worth of Rs. 54,850 crores. She is the only child of HCL’s founder and billionaire industrialist, Shiv Nadar. Roshni is the first woman to lead a listed IT company in India. She obtained her initial education from Vasant Valley School, Delhi, before graduating from Northwestern University as a Communication major, with a focus on Radio/TV/Film. After graduation, she pursued a master’s degree in Business Administration, focusing on Social Enterprise Management and Strategy from the Kellogg School of Management, USA.
|Name||Roshni Nadar Malhotra|
|Education||Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management|
|Occupation||Chairperson, HCL Technologies|
|Parents||Shiv Nadar, Kiran Nadar|
Roshni Nadar Malhotra – Early Life
- Roshni Nadar was born in Delhi, India.
Roshni Nadar Malhotra – Education
- Roshni Nadar completed her high school at Vasant Valley School.
- Then she graduated from Northwestern University majoring in Communication with a focus on Radio/TV/Film.
- She pursued a master’s degree in Business Administration, focusing on Social Enterprise Management and Strategy from the Kellogg School of Management, USA.
Roshni Nadar Malhotra – Career
- Roshni Nadar has worked in various other companies apart from HCL.
- Within a year of joining HCL, she was promoted to executive director and CEO of HCL Corporation.
- Later, she became the chairperson of HCL Technologies, after her father Shiv Nadar stepped down.
Roshni Nadar Malhotra – Humanitarian Initiatives
- Before becoming the CEO of the HCL Corporation, Roshni Nadar was also a trustee of Shiv Nadar Foundation, which runs the not-for-profit Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering in Chennai.
- Nadar is the chairperson of VidyaGyan Leadership Academy, which works for the economically underprivileged section of society.
- She also set up ‘The Habitats’ trust, which aims to protect India’s natural habitats and indigenous species. The trust aims to create and conserve our ecosystem.
Roshni Nadar Malhotra – Personal Life
- Roshni Nadar is a trained classical musician.
- She married Shikhar Malhotra, Vice Chairman of HCL Healthcare in 2010.
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra and Shikhar Malhotra have two sons, Armaan and Jahaan.