Ghazal Alagh is an Indian female entrepreneur and a corporate trainer who co-founded MamaEarth in December 2016, a leading natural skincare products company, with the mission of making early parenting stress-free. It started as India’s first toxin-free baby care brand MamaEarth and gradually expanded to health, fitness, and wellness areas. She also co-founded TheDermaCo. along with her husband in 2020. Ghazal was also a corporate trainer at NIIT Limited from June 2008 to Nov 2010. She is an empowered independent woman who succeeded with her will for the betterment of people and society through her business.
Ghazal Alagh Personal Details
|33 years (as of 2021)
|Date of Birth
|Place of Birth
|Entrepreneur and a corporate trainer
|Chirag Sahni (brother) and Sahiba Chauhan (sister)
|Varun Alagh (co-founder of MamaEarth)
|Agastya Alagh (son)
|Singing, writing, traveling, and reading books
Ghazal Alagh’s Early Life
- Ghazal is an art lover. Her paintings have gained much recognition, nationally and internationally, in various art shows.
- Her parents always supported her childhood aspiration to become an entrepreneur.
- Ghazal started MamaEarth after her son got allergic to baby care products in the market.
- She is an early riser and is very particular about yoga for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Ghazal Alagh’s Educational Qualifications
- Ghazal did her schooling in Haryana.
- She completed her bachelor’s degree in computer applications from Punjab University in 2010.
- Ghazal took a summer intensive course in modern art in design and applied arts in 2013.
- She also took an intensive course in figurative art at the New York Academy of Art in the same year.
Ghazal Alagh’s Career
- Ghazal started her career in 2008 by working as a corporate trainer at NIIT Ltd., Chandigarh for 2.5 years.
- She also worked as a trainer of SQL, J2ME, and Oracle.
- In 2012, Ghazal started a website, dietexpert.com, which helps to provide a customized diet plan, based on customers’ age, lifestyle, weight, and blood group.
- She joined, Being Artsy, as an artist, after the failure of her first venture.
- Ghazal co-founded Honasa Consumer Pvt. Ltd. (MamaEarth) in 2015 and started working as a chief innovation officer in Gurgaon.
- She was a part of the seven entrepreneurial panels in the TV show, Shark Tank India.
Ghazal Alagh’s Awards and Recognitions
- Ghazal won the award for the best brand of the year for MamaEarth in 2018-19.
- She was one of the 40, under forty achievers of India in 2019.
- Ghazal also won the super startups Asia award in 2019.
- She is often featured on the cover pages of various renowned Indian magazines and tabloids.