|Alma Mater||St. Xaviers School
MBA (Finance), The Wharton School,
MS (Computer Science), Moore School of Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
B. Tech in Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur
|Occupation||Director of Corporate Strategy and Affairs of Reliance Infrastructure|
|Net Worth||US$ 6.6 billion as on September 2017|
|Birthday||23 September 1956|
|Children||Akshay Jalan & Varun Jalan|
Awards and Honors
|Recognized as one of the 100 Most Powerful CEO(2009)||Economic Times|
|IITK@50 at the Golden Jubilee Alumni Convention||IIT, Kanpur|
|one of the IIT system’s top 15 achievers(2003)||1st PAN IIT meet in California|
|Winner of the Directors Honors and Dean’s List||Wharton School of Business|
- Lalit Jalan started his career at General Electric as a Strategic Planner where he learnt the ropes from Jack Welch at his peak.
- After 2 years, he joined his own family venture – ‘Jalan Brothers'(Jalan Brothers Private Limited, Jalan Properties Private Limited, Jalan Infosystems Private Limited, Jalan Reality Private Limited, Data Ware Private Limited, Sunrise Engineering Private Limited, Shree Amrit Properties and Investment Private limited, Devine Dealers Private Limited, Data Management Systems Private Limited and Integrated Bureau and Maintenance Private Limited)
- In 1995, Jalan joined Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) as the Head of Polypropylene business. Jalan made the fastest ‘billion dollar hit’ in the industry by ramping up the business from zero to a billion dollars in 42 months flat, despite having no background in the petrochemicals industry.
- He also served as Head of the E-business at RIL.
- He joined as CEO of RInfra’s Delhi power distribution company.He was the youngest ever CEO(Reliance Infrastructure) at a Reliance company.
Read more biographies and success stories of business leaders, celebrities, healthcare professionals etc. at Leader Biography.
Leave a Reply