Gautam Khaitan is the Managing Partner of the Firm (O.P. Khaitan & Co.) and heading the Corporate Division. He is also holding directorships in various companies of leading corporate houses. Mr. Gautam Khaitan has vast experience of more than 22 years in Power, Oil, telecommunications, Mining, and Infrastructure sectors. He has also worked internationally on major mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions.
|Gautam Khaitan’s Wife||Ritu Khaitan|
|Gautam Khaitan’s Age||55 Years|
|Gautam Khaitan’s Hometown||New Delhi|
|Profession(s)||Advocate and Managing Partner in O.P Khaitan & Co.|
|Famous For||Being the Managing Partner in O.P Khaitan & Co.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimetres– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 85 kg
in pounds– 187 lbs
|Date of Birth||6 May 1965 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||55 Years|
|School||1983: Modern School, Delhi|
|College/University||1986: Delhi University, Faculty of Law|
|Educational Qualification||B.Com (Hons.), LL.B|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son– Karan Khaitan
Daughter– Rhea Gupta
|Parents||Father– Late Mr. O.P. Khaitan
Mother– Mrs Rekha Khaitan
|Siblings||Sister– Pallavi Laxman|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gautam Khaitan
- Gautam Khaitan is an Indian advocate and Managing Partner in O.P Khaitan & Co.
- In 1992, he started practicing as an advocate.
- He has worked as an advocate for various leading multinational & national companies, banks & financial institutions all over the world.
Gautam Khaitan’s Letter of Appointment
- He was the director of various public listed companies including, Texmaco Infrastructure & Holdings Ltd. (formerly Texmaco Limited), Bharat Seats Ltd., AMJ Land Holdings Ltd. (formerly known as Pudumjee Pulp & Paper Mills Ltd.), FACOR Alloys Ltd., and Aravali Securities & Finance Ltd from where he resigned later.
- He is one of the members of the various reputed organisations, including the International Bar Association, LAWASIA, the International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, the Bar Association of Supreme Court of India, the Bar Association of Delhi High Court, the Society of Indian Law Firms, the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Council for Small & Medium Enterprises, the Indo-American India Chamber of Commerce, the Indo- Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and the ADVOC Asia.
Gautam Khaitan’s IACC Certificate
- He has practiced as an advocate at various District Courts, High Court, and the Supreme Court of India.
- He has specialization in Corporate Law, Corporate Litigation, Cros Border Transactions, Arbitration, Acquisitions, and Structuring.
- When he was asked about his contribution towards ‘Doing Business’ team in 2018 and 2019, in an interview, he said,
I was amongst the expert contributors in India as I deal daily with business regulations in my day-to-day work. I interacted with the Doing Business team in conference calls, written correspondence, and visit to my office by the global team. I also filled out written surveys and provide references to the relevant laws, regulations, and fees based on standardized case scenarios with specific assumptions.
Gautam Khaitan’s Doing Business Certificate
Gautam Khaitan’s Doing Business Certificate 2019
- He is fluent in speaking English and Hindi.
- He loves travelling, and his favourite city is London, UK.
- According to him, the most useful business-related book read by him is “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki.
- His favourite non-business book is ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ by Mitch Albom.
- When he was asked if money were not an issue, what would you be doing right now? he said,
I would have lived in the Himalayas. The peaceful setup, the natural and serene beauty fascinates me to no end.
- He admires the co-founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, Jack Ma.
- According to him his superpower is “Winning friends and influencing people!”
- The app which he uses most to stay in touch with people is WhatsApp.
- One of his favourite quotes is,
The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive, and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.” —Tommy Hilfiger
- In an interview, he shared his passion and obstacles he had overcome, he said,
My passion is to be good at what I do. My passion is to learn things and master them quickly. Smile more, and from the heart. Be grateful. Universe has a special place in its heart for Grateful people, I have overcome Fear! I have learnt not to ever hold back in life just because you feel scared.
Leave a Reply