Ashneer Grover Biography
Ashneer Grover is the co-founder and managing director of one of the leading Indian Fintech giants, BharatPe. He is popularly known for his bold and straightforward behavior. Ashneer belongs to an academically rich, salaried family background, but he always wanted to be recognized differently. His intelligence and quality education has always been good support in his social and economic journey. Ashneer has currently become a common name in every household with his recent television presence as the boldest judge in Shark Tank India. Let’s know about Ashneer Grover Biography.
Ashneer Grover Personal Details
|Date of Birth||14-Jun-82|
|Place of Birth||Delhi, India|
|Current Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Designation||Co-founder and MD of BharatPe|
|BharatPe Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Father’s Name||Name unknown (Chartered accountant)|
|Mother’s Name||Name unknown (Teacher)|
|Date of Marriage||4-Jul-06|
|Spouse||Madhuri Jain Grover (Entrepreneur)|
|Children||Avy Grover (son) and Mannat Grover (daughter)|
|Net Worth||$600 million – $900 million (Estimated as of 2021)|
Ashneer Grover Educational Qualifications
- Ashneer did his schooling at Apeejay School, Delhi
- He completed his B.Tech in civil engineering from IIT Delhi.
- He went to the University of INSA-Lyon, France as a student exchange from IIT Delhi.
- Ashneer completed his MBA in Finance from IIM Ahmedabad in 2006.
Ashneer Grover Career
- Ashneer started his career in May 2006 as the vice president of Kotak Investment Banking and served there for 7 years.
- In May 2013, he worked as the director of corporate development in American Express (Amex) and led the series B investment in ‘Mobikwik’, payments, and Fintech.
- Ashneer switched to Grofers (now Blinkit) in March 2015 as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and made it India’s largest online grocery store by raising US$ 170 mn.
- In 2017, he joined PC Jeweller Ltd. as the head of the new business.
- In 2018, Ashneer along with Shashvat Nakrani and Bhavik Koladiya co-founded BharatPe, a leading payments company.
- He is also one of the judges in a TV show called ‘Shark Tank India.’
Ashneer Grover Achievements and Awards
- Ashneer received Rs. 5 lakh scholarship from French Embassy for his excellence and good performance.
- He represented BharatPe and India cashless at the Asia Pacific Initiative Forum in 2019.
- In January 2021, Ashneer was honored with the Young Achiever’s award.
- He also won the Entrepreneur of the Year award and BharatPe won the Emerging Company of the Year award in 2021.
- Ashneer made it to the under 40 Fortune India list of India’s brightest young business minds in the same year.