Ashish Goel or Ashgo (as his friends call him) is the CEO and co—founder of the Indian furniture brand Urban Ladder. He has witnessed a comprehensive growth in career, believing in the idea of earning happiness as the end result of success. Ashish did not come from a very wealthy family and whatever he owns today is the result of his hard work and dedication. Before starting his own venture, he had worked with various corporate houses and companies as well.
The idea of Urban Ladder struck him when he moved to Bengaluru with his friend cum co-founder, Rajiv Srivatsa and faced problems in finding good quality furniture for his house. He identified the gap that failed to cater to the customer’s needs and decided to take plunge in this sector.
Name – Ashish Goel
Date of Birth – October 25
Hometown – Ghaziabad, India
Designation – Founder and CEO
Company – Urban Ladder
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Website – urbanladder.com
Marital Status – Not mentioned
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn Profile – https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashish-goel-591572
Ashish Goel Educational Qualifications
- Ashish Goel did his schooling from DPS Ghaziabad.
- In 1996 he went to IIT-BHU, Varanasi
- In 1997 he went to IIT Mumbai to pursue dual degree in Electrical engineering
- He did his postgraduate programme in Management from IIM Bengaluru (2002-2004)
Ashish Goel Career
- Ashish Goel worked as an intern in Procter and Gamble in 2003.
- He also worked as an Engagement Manager in McKinsey & Company for 4 years.
- Ashish was a COO in his friend Samir Patil’s company, Amar Chitra Katha from 2008 to 2012.
- While working in Amar Chitra Katha, he made a successful acquisition of India Book House – a leading distributor of books and magazines and became its managing director in 2011.
- After almost 13 years of total experience, Ashish along with his friend, Rajiv, started his own Venture, Urban Ladder, in July 2012.
Ashish Goel Recognitions
- Ashish Goel was voted as the ‘Game Changer Entrepreneur of the Year’ 2016 at Satya Brahma founded 8th edition of India Leadership Conclave 2016 by Network 7 Media Group Jury.
Ashish Goel Company Profile
- Urban Ladder was launched in July 2012 after raising funds worth US$ 1 million from Kalaari Capital in May 2012.
- It is an omnichannel furniture and décor retailer.
- Urban Ladder offers thousands of designs in living, dining, bedroom, study and décor.
- The company’s presence has successfully expanded to cities like Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and many others.
- It works on the motto of ‘honesty, transparency and customer obsession.’
- Urban Ladder got the Best Digital Start-up award at 4th India Digital Awards conducted by Internet and Mobile Association of India.
Also Read: Mohit Goel – The New Managing Director of Omaxe Limited