Amit Anil Chandra Shah, popularly known as “Mota Bhai,” stands as a prominent and influential leader in Indian politics. Serving as first Minister of Co-operation of India, Amit Shah’s visionary and remarkable journey has left an enduring mark on the nation’s political landscape. He has been serving as the 31st Minister of Home Affairs since 2019.
|Full name||Amit Anil Chandra Shah|
|DOB||22 October 1964|
|POB||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Education||Schooling from Mehsana, Gujarat
Graduation in Biochemistry from CU Shah Science College
A unique facet of Amit Shah’s personal life is his family’s connection to the world of cricket. Amit Shah’s son, BCCI’s Secretary Jay Shah, has made a name for himself. This association adds an intriguing layer to Amit Shah’s multifaceted persona, highlighting his interests beyond politics.
Amit Shah as the Chief Strategist of the BJP
Amit Shah’s association with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has seen him rise to prominence as the party’s chief strategist. Renowned for his meticulous planning and execution, he has played a pivotal role in the BJP’s electoral successes, reshaping India’s political landscape.
Amit Shah’s Notable Achievements
- Amit Shah has been serving in Public Life for 40 years. His journey began from a polling booth worker and landed him as a Union Home Minister.
- As a people person, he has served people as MLA MP for Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha for 25 years.
- He has served as Minister in the Gujarat Government and has done exemplary work as Union Minister for Home and Cooperation.
- He firmly believes in Indian culture and ethos.
- He has spent 6 years as National President of BJP.
- As an administrator of sports, Amit took cricket and chess in Gujarat to greater heights.
- Moreover, he played a crucial role in bringing a cooperative moment to the centre stage of Gujarat’s economy.
- He has also been a trustee at Shri Somnath Temple, Gujarat, since 2016.
Amit Shah’s Political Journey
|1980||Joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) as a volunteer at the age of 16.|
|1982||Joint Secretary, Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP)|
|1987||Joined the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM)|
|1989||Secretary, BJP, Ahmedabad City, Gujarat|
|1995||President, Gujarat State Finance Corporation (GSFC)|
|1997||– National Treasurer, Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJYM)
– MLA, Sarkhej and Naranpura constituencies (5 terms from 1997 to 2017)
|1998||State Secretary, Gujarat BJP|
|1999||State Vice-President, Gujarat BJP|
|2000||Chairman, Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank (ADCB)|
|2001||National Coordinator, Cooperative Wing, BJP|
|2002||Minister, Gujarat Government|
|2006||President, Gujarat Chess Association|
|2009||President, Central Board of Cricket Association, Ahmedabad & Vice-President, Gujarat State Cricket Association|
|2013||National General Secretary, BJP|
|2014||President, Gujarat State Cricket Association|
|2014-2020||National President, BJP|
|2017||Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha)|
|2019||– Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha)
– Took oath as Union Minister in Modi Government (30 May 2019)
– Assume Charge as Union Home Minister (1 June 2019)
|2021||Assume Charge as Minister of Cooperation|
Concluding Amit Shah: A Visionary Leader Shaping India’s Political Destiny
Amit Shah’s journey from a stockbroker to a political luminary exemplifies his dedication and astute leadership. As India’s First Minister of Co-operation and the chief strategist of the BJP, he continues to influence the nation’s political landscape. The moniker “Mota Bhai” symbolizes his stature in Indian politics, and his family’s connection to cricket adds a unique dimension to his personal life. Amit Shah’s legacy in Indian politics reflects his strategic brilliance and commitment towards the nation’s progress.