India’s richest woman Roshni Nadar Malhotra recently became the first woman to lead a listed Indian IT company. Upon the retirement of her father Shiv Nadar, she took over as the chairperson of the USD 8.9 billion HCL Technologies.
Roshni grew up in Delhi and her entrepreneurial career unfolded as she began working in various companies as a producer before joining HCL Technologies in 2009. She had also served as the trustee of Shiv Nadar Foundation, a Chennai-based non-profit organisation.
|Name||Roshni Nadar Malhotra|
|Age||4.9 Billion Dollars|
|Alma Mater||Kellogg School of Management |
Vasant Valley School
|Occupation||Chairperson of HCL Technologies|
|Birth Place||New Delhi|
|HCL Technologies||HCL Technologies Limited, a subsidiary of HCL Enterprise, is an Indian multinational information technology service and consulting company headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.|
Some lesser known facts about Roshni Nadar Malhotra
- Roshni is a trained classical musician. She takes keen interest in yoga, travelling and music
- She was ranked 54th on Forbes World’s 100 Most Powerful Women list in 2019
- She is also an alumnus of the Forum of Young Global Leaders, a diverse community of the world’s next generation leaders and an initiative of the World Economic Forum
- She has worked with Sky News UK and CNN America as a news producer
- In her bid to protect India’s natural habitats, Roshni established The Habitats Trust in 2018 and has driven transformational efforts in the field of education
- She is also a recipient of Babson College’s Lewis Institute Community Changemaker Award