Narendra Damodardas Modi, the inspirational Prime Minister of India, has been investing his heart and soul into leadership and transforming India. Catering to the needs of rural and urban India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is focused on advancements and economic developments in the nation.
India’s political landscape has witnessed some true leaders who have proved their vision aligned with the growth of the Indian economy. One such leader is the 14th Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi, has not only delivered what he promised but has also surpassed his promises and given his heart and soul to the nation’s development. By bringing his vision and ideology into action in India over 9 years of leadership, he transformed the country, changing its ground reality.
Recent Key Highlights – The Prime Minister of India
- PM Narendra Modi’s Air India One Boeing 777 aircraft is a highly customized plane operated by the Indian Air Force. It is India’s first dedicated plane to fly The President, The Vice President, and The Prime Minister of India.
- Narendra Modi’s Statue in Lavasa, near Pune, will be the world’s largest statue planned to be built by Darwin Platform Infrastructure Ltd (DPIL). The project is set to be completed by 31st December 2023.
- PM Narendra Modi is a biographical drama released in 2019 depicting PM Narendra Modi’s biopic.
- Narendra Modi’s Vision for Akhand Bharat, also known as Akhand Hinduism, extends to a unified & greater India, and all of modern South Asia is civilizational India. It also reimagines the names of oceans and seas with a Sanskrit twist.
- Narendra Modi denied his marriage with Jashodaben Modi to become a Sanyasi in the Himalayas.
Narendra Modi’s Personal Details
|Narendra Damodardas Modi
|17th September 1950
|Damodardas Mulchand Modi
|Higher Secondary in 1967
Degree in Political Science from the University of Delhi
|The Prime Minister of India
Narendra Modi’s Career Trajectory
1958 – Introduced to Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) at an early age of 8
1971 – Full time worker at RSS Gujarat
1978 – RSS Sambhag Pracharak (Regional Organiser)
1985 – Assigned by RSS to the BJP
1987 – Organising Secretary of BJP Gujarat
1998 – BJP General Secretary
2001 – Chief Minister of Gujarat
2002 – Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly
2014 – The Prime Minister of India/ The Prime Minister of Bharat
2019 – Re-elected as The Prime Minister of India/ The Prime Minister of Bharat
Role as the Chief Minister of Gujarat
Modi’s true political prominence came when he was appointed as the Chief Minister of Gujarat in 2001. His tenure witnessed significant changes in the state’s development landscape. Under his leadership, Gujarat experienced remarkable economic growth, infrastructure development, and industrial expansion.
Role in BJP Government
Within the BJP, Narendra Modi’s influence steadily grew. He held several key positions, including that of the BJP’s National General Secretary, which allowed him to shape the party’s strategies and policies. His governance model in Gujarat earned him a reputation as a decisive and efficient leader, making him a prominent figure on the national political stage.
Prime Ministerial Tenure
In May 2014, Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister of India after a historic electoral victory for the BJP. His leadership marked a significant turning point for the nation. He was re-elected for a second term in May 2019, cementing his position as one of India’s most influential leaders in recent history.
Vision and Initiatives
As the Prime Minister, Modi introduced numerous transformative initiatives aimed at improving the lives of millions of Indians. Some of his notable programs include:
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: A nationwide cleanliness campaign to promote sanitation and hygiene.
- Make in India: An initiative to boost manufacturing and promote India as a global manufacturing hub.
- Digital India: Focused on digitizing governance and providing digital access to citizens.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: An ambitious financial inclusion program to ensure access to banking services for all.
- Ayushman Bharat: A healthcare scheme aimed at providing affordable healthcare to the underprivileged.
Successful Achievements under Modi’s Leadership
Under Narendra Modi’s major decisions, India made significant economic growth, foreign policy, and defense strides. His commitment to infrastructure development led to the construction of the world’s tallest statue, the Statue of Unity, dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Moreover, his government launched the Goods and Services Tax (GST), a landmark tax reform, and successfully carried out demonetization to curb black money. His strong foreign policy initiatives strengthened India’s global standing, forging strategic partnerships with countries worldwide. Some of the significant achievements are listed below:
- Triple Talaq Law
- World’s Largest COVID Vaccination Drive
- Abrogation of Article 370
- GST Law
- Self-Reliant India
- The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill 2019
- Progressive Global relations
- Successful Rescue Operations from Afghanistan and Ukraine
- World Class Infrastructure
- India – among the World’s fastest-growing economies
- G-20 Presidency
- Outshined India on the Global stage
Narendra Modi – Leading India to New Horizons
Narendra Modi’s journey from a small town in Gujarat to the highest political office in India reflects his determination and leadership skills. As a visionary and transformative leader, he has proven visible change in the nation’s development trajectory. He has strived to create a more prosperous, inclusive, and self-reliant India through his initiatives and policies, making him a prominent figure in India’s political history. His legacy will undoubtedly continue to shape the nation’s future for years to come. His dynamic and forward-thinking approach has paved the way for India’s rapid growth in various sectors, including technology, renewable energy, and infrastructure.
Not only did he, as a leader, promise to fulfill the promises, but he also did what the nation did not imagine. Today, India is a renowned country globally, and its relations with other countries have developed so far, leading to economic improvised ties.