A dynamic and self-made entrepreneur, Mahimananda Mishra is the scion of an aristocratic family of Orissa. Starting off with a core team of 15 individuals in the year 1978, he achieved great heights and established OSL Group as one of the largest corporates on the East Coast of India.
Mahimananda Mishra Basic Information
|Name Mahimananda Mishra|
|Alma Mater Christ College, Cuttack|
|Net Worth NA|
|DOB 7 May 1953|
Awards and recognition
- Best Entrepreneurship Award presented by Shri Naveen Patnaik, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Orissa
- BUSINESS Leader of the Year AWARD 2010 presented by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Orissa for his remarkable achievement for developing Gopalpur Port into a World-Class Port.
Mahimananda Mishra Company Profile
|Name Orissa Stevedores Limited (OSL Group)|
|Founded in 1978|
Orissa Stevedores (overseas) Pvt. Ltd, OSL Motors Pvt. Ltd, OSL Automobiles Pvt. Ltd, DPS Kalinga, Orissa Magnetic Private Ltd, Grand Tours & Travels, Mayur Agencies TRAVEL SMART, Travel link, Nayaagarh Sugar Complex Ltd, Gopalpur Ports Limited, OSL Prestige, Nandighosh Coal & Coke Product Pvt Ltd, OSL Exclusive, OSL Auto Cars Pvt Ltd, Empires, Purvi Bharat Coal Products Pvt. Ltd, Purvi Bharat Steels Limited, OSL Multipurpose Co-operatives Ltd and OSL Securities Private Limited.
Website – oslgroup.in/grp/mdbio.html
Awards and accolades
- OSL Group was awarded by Paradip Port Trust for having handled the maximum quantity of Cargo at Paradip Port during Financial Year 2008-2009, contributing to the growth of the port.
- Outstanding Company Award presented by Shri Naveen Patnaik, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Orissa
- OSL was declared as a “STAR EXPORT HOUSE” status Holder from 01-04-2009 to till 31-03-2014 by the Ministry of Commerce, Govt of India
- Certification of Merit Federation of Indian Export Organizations
- OSL Vice-President Shri S.N. Mohanty conferred with the prestigious Capexil Export Award at Kolkata
Some lesser-known facts about Mahimananda Mishra
- Mahimananda Mishra was the President of the Students Union of Christ College, Cuttack in the year 1971-72 during his graduation and the President of the Students Union of M S Law College, Orissa in the year 1974-75.
- He has been deeply involved in all port-related activities of the East Coast Ports of India such as Stevedoring, Steamer Agency, Customs House Agency, Chartering, Intra Port Transportation, Freight Forwarding, Port development, and Mining.
- Apart from end-to-end Logistic Solutions, Port Development, and Mining, he has also forayed into the fields of hospitality, media productions, aviation, education, manufacturing of LAM coke, Steel Re-rolling mills, health care, and sugar production. He is also the sole authorized wholesale distributor and stockist for a number of leading FMCG products and MNCs in the state of Orissa, among the many other avenues OSL group has a presence.
Suggested Read: Y. S. Chowdary