|Name||Janak Palta McGilligan|
|Alma Mater||MA English literature,Political Science,
Sangeet Visharad in Sitar,
MPhil in Political Science,
|Birthday||16 February 1948|
|Birth Place||Jullundhar, Punjab, India|
|Spouse||James McGilligan O.B.E|
Awards and recognition
|Padma Shri(2015)||Government of India|
|SCI Order of Excellence 2016|
|Green Hero by TERRI (India)2017|
|Rajmata Vijaraje Sindhiya Social Service Award(2008)||Government of Madhya Pradesh|
|Manav Seva Award|
|Paryavaran Mitra Puraskar|
- Janak Palta McGilligan has worked as a as the Provident Fund office, at the High Court and at the Centre for Rural and Industrial Development.
- Along with her husband she has served and developed Barli Development Institute for Rural Women as Bahali pioneers
- She has been serving as a Director of the Jimmy McGilligan Centre For Sustainable Development.
- She is a Global Advisor (Member of Advisory Board of Solar Cookers International(SCI, Sacramento ) Co-founder of Jaivik Setu in Indore.
- She is an Honorary Secretary of Sangini Cancer Care society Indore ,dedicated to Breast Cancer Patients since 2007.
- She has been member of Management Board of Chitrakoot University,Chitrakoot.
- Has also been associated with UNICEF as resource person for the National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCID), IIM Indore, IIT BHU, Prestige Institute of Management Indore, Indus World School, Choithram International School,Pragya Girls School, MGM Medical College,Indore Dental College and Hospital.
Read more biographies and success stories of business leaders, celebrities, healthcare professionals etc. at Leader Biography.