Unlike most success stories of influential people, Bill Gates wasn’t exactly the quintessential rags-to-riches story however, his passion for what he does and the challenges he overcame to become one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world that he is today, have inspired millions of people. From being an entrepreneur, programmer, investor to philanthropist, Bill Gates wears many hats and he is the second richest man on earth today.
Bill Gates Basic Information
|Name||William Henry Gates III|
|Alma Mater||Lakeside School, Harvard College|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, software developer, investor, philanthropist.|
|Net Worth||US $105 billion|
|Birth Place||Seattle, Washington|
Bill Gates Family and Personal Details
|Parents||William H. Gates Sr. Mary Mawell Gates|
|Spouse (s)||Melinda Gates (m. 1994)|
|Children||3, Jennifer Katharine Gates, Rory John Gates,Phoebe Adele Gates|
Bill Gates Company Profile
Micro-soft Corporation is an American multinational technology company co-founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975. Headquartered in Redmond, Washington, the company initially delivered small software products to various firms, however today, it develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, electronic products, personal computers, etc.
|Industry||Software development, computer hardware, consumer electronics, video games, cloud computing, internet, corporate venture capital|
|Founded by||Bill Gates and Paul Allen|
Some lesser known facts about Bill Gates
- Bill Gates served as the CEO of Microsoft until January 2000. Today, he dedicates most of his time on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Highly inspired by the works of Andre Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller, he established William H. Gates Foundation in 1994 by selling some of his shares in Microsoft which was later merged with the other two family foundations to create Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- The latter is the world’s wealthiest foundation with assets worth over $34 billion.
- Gates built his first computer program on the General Electric Machine.
- He met Paul Allen when he was in school and at the age of 17, both of them started a venture called Traf-O-Data.
- Besides his entrepreneurial venture, Gates likes to read books and has over 150 book recommendations on his personal blog – gates notes.