Born without arms, Jessica Cox defied the odds to become the world’s first armless licensed pilot in history. Through the years she mastered the art of swimming, driving (car), and flying an airplane. She even earned two black belts in Taekwondo despite the absence of two vital limbs. Jessica lives her life independently using her feet in a way inconceivable to people with arms! She is the first person without arms to earn a black belt in the American Taekwondo Association, and the Guinness World Record, for being the first pilot to fly with her feet.
The Jessica Cox success story is a lesson to never see oneself as a victim of the conditions. Her high degree of self-acceptance is an inspiration to everyone. Jessica is recognized as a world-renowned inspirational keynote speaker. She expresses critical insights on the art of approaching and overcoming challenges and turning them into opportunities.
Jessica Cox Biography
|Full Name:||Jessica Cox|
|Birth Place:||Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States|
- She pursued her degree in psychology from the University of Arizona, United States.
- In 2004, Jessica flew a single-engine airplane for the first time via Wright Flight.
- Jessica got her pilot certificate after three years of successful training on October 10, 2008. She got qualified to fly a light-sport aircraft to altitudes of 10,000 feet.
- The Success Story Jessica Cox was first written in her self-help book, ‘Disarm Your Limits’ which was published in 2015, to inspire people to overcome challenges in their lives through her life lessons.
- In 2019, Cox received a 1946 Ercoupe 415-C (Serial number #3153), with tail number N26R International that said, ‘disability does not mean inability.
- Guinness World Record: Jessica is the first armless person in the world to have obtained a pilot’s license in 2011.
- AOPA LIVE Pilots Choice Award 2010: Jessica became the most-watched female aviator throughout the world.
- Filipino Women’s Network: She has been listed under the top 100 most influential Filipino women in the U.S. in 2009.
- The Success Story Jessica Cox was published in Ripley’s Believe It or Not in 2009.
- She was rewarded Filipino American journal award of excellence and an outstanding Filipino award in 2008.