For Susan Wojcicki, it was as if she was destined to work at Google. In 1998, after the completion of her MBA, she purchased a 2,000 sq ft. house in Menlo Park for $600,000. To pay her mortgage, she decided to rent out her garage to two Stanford Ph.D. students, who were working on a start-up. The two students were Larry Page and Sergey Brin and the company was Google. A year later, Susan too joined the company and since then, her career has never looked back. Today, she is the CEO of Youtube and has spent more than 20 years in the tech industry.
Here’s a look at Susan Wojcicki’s biography:
Susan Wojcicki Biography
|Name||Susan Diane Wojcicki|
|Hometown||Santa Clara, California|
|Parents||Esther Wojcicki, Stanley Wojcicki|
|Alma Mater||Henry M Gunn High School Harvard University University of California Santa Cruz UCLA Anderson School of Management|
Susan Wojcicki Career Journey
- Companies Susan worked for during the initial stage of her career include Intel Corporation, Bain & Co., and R.B. Webber & Co.
- In 1999, after Google had moved to a more conventional office space, she went to work there and was appointed as the company’s first marketing manager.
- One of her first projects was to enliven the Google logo for holidays and special events.
- When Adwords was introduced on Google search pages that were when the breakthrough in Susan’s career came.
- It is also due to her suggestion that today, Google’s ad offering is not just limited to search, but is also available across websites and blogs on the internet.
- From being the Vice President, Susan was then promoted to Senior Vice President in October 2010.
- She moved to Youtube in 2014 and became the company’s CEO.
- During Susan’s tenure, Youtube has released products like Youtube Gaming, Youtube Music, Youtube Premium, and Youtube TV.
Susan Wojcicki Achievements & Other Interests
- Besides her thriving career which she is well known for, Susan is also a strong advocate of paid parental leaves.
- She has also been voicing her opinion on closing the gender gap in the tech industry.
- In 2017, Susan ranked #6 on the Forbes list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- A year later, she ranked #10 on Fortune’s list of Most Powerful Women.
- Currently, she is ranked #41 on the Forbes list of America’s Self-Made Women.
Suggested Read: Jim Rohn Biography – An Author, Entrepreneur & Motivational Speaker
Must Read: Y. S. Chowdary