Sheryl Sandberg is an American business executive, author, and philanthropist. Currently, she is working as a chief executive officer (COO) of Facebook. Sheryl is also the founder of LeanIn.Org, a non-profit organization that offers inspiration and support to women to help them achieve their goals. Sheryl was elected to Facebook’s board of directors in June 2012, making her the first woman to serve on its board. Before joining Facebook as COO, Sandberg was the vice-president of global online sales and operations at Google.
Sheryl Sandberg’s Biography
|Date Of Birth||28-Aug-69|
|Birthplace||Washington, DC, USA|
Sheryl Sandberg’s Education
- Sheryl graduated from North Miami Beach Senior High School with a 4.6 GPA in 1987.
- She was a member of the National Honor Society.
- Sheryl also taught aerobics while she attended high school.
- Being an exceptional student, Sheryl completed her undergraduate studies at Harvard Business School.
Sheryl Sandberg’s Career
- Sandberg worked as a management consultant for McKinsey & Company from 1995-1996.
- Later, she joined Google as a person responsible for online sales, advertising, and publishing products.
- In 2007, Facebook’s founder Mark Zuckerberg met Sheryl and found her perfect for the role of COO.
- In 2008, Facebook hired Sandberg for the role of COO and she officially left google.
Sheryl Sandberg’s Achievements
- Sandberg has been ranked constantly in the ‘50 Most Powerful Women in Businesses’ by Fortune magazine.
- She has been ranked twice in the list of ‘50 Women to Watch by The Wall Street Journal.
- Sandberg was named in ‘25 Most Influential People on the web by Business Week in 2009.
- In 2014, Sandberg bagged 9th position in the ‘100 Most Powerful Women List of Forbes.
- In 2012, Newsweek and The Daily Beast released their first ‘Digital Power Index’ in which Sheryl appeared in 3rd position in the “Evangelists” categories.
- Her book ‘Lean In’ was shortlisted for the ‘Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award’ in 2013.
In 2013, Sheryl was ranked 8th on “The World’s 50 Most Influential Jews” conducted by The Jerusalem Post.
Suggested Read: Indra Nooyi: Her journey from a middle-class family to CEO of PepsiCo
Leave a Reply