15-year-old entrepreneur Tilak Mehta has proven that dreams can come true if one has the courage to pursue them. He started Papers N Parcels (PNP), a digital courier company, in July 2018. The company provides an assured one-day parcel service, in Mumbai, with the help of the famous Mumbai Dabbawalas.
This idea of a logistics startup occurred to him when he wanted some books from the other end of the city and couldn’t ask his father, who often came home late and tired, for the needful. After discovering that the courier charges were far greater than that of the book, he was directed towards this idea.
The class-eight-boy-turned-entrepreneur has a team of 200 PNP delivery boys and 300 Dabbawalas who deliver between 1,000 – 1,200 orders per day. Taking inspiration from Steve Jobs and Mukesh Ambani, Tilak Mehta is aiming for a 100 crore turnover. Below is Tilak Mehta’s biography for a detailed insight into the entrepreneur-turned-technopreneur.
Tilak Mehta’s Biography
|Full Name||Tilak Mehta|
|Year of Birth||2006|
|Father’s Name||Vishal Mehta|
|Mother’s Name||Kajal Mehta|
|Sister’s Name||Tanvi Mehta|
|School’s Name||Garodia International Centre for Learning, Mumbai|
|Profession||Entrepreneur (Owner of Papers N Parcels)|
- He is an eighth-grade student
- At the age of 13, he started his own app-based courier service company
- Founder of Papers N Parcels
- Tilak Mehta was recognized as the youngest entrepreneur in the logistics sector at the India Maritime Awards, 3rd edition
- He was a speaker at TEDx
- He is the youngest recipient of the Forbes Leadership Award 2018, India
- He was awarded Global Child Prodigy in 2020 for entrepreneurship
- He wants to pursue a bachelor’s degree program
- He aims to expand his company’s services to 2000-5000 by the next six months
- He plans to extend his business to Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Chennai
- In the next two years, he expects his revenue to be 100 crores
Suggested Read: Nick Vujicic biography