Ahmed Salman Fazlur Rahman (born 23 May 1951) is a Bangladeshi industrialist.He was ranked 1685th on the list of billionaires in the world published by Beijing-based Hurun Gobal in 2017.He is the current vice chairman of Beximco Group, one of the largest conglomerates in Bangladesh.Since 2009, he has been serving as the private sector development affairs adviser to the Bangladesh Awami League President Sheikh Hasina. Currently Rahman is acting as the president of several trade bodies including Association of Television Channel Owners (ATCO).
||Salman F Rahman
||University of Karachi
||Vice chairman of Beximco Group
||23 May 1951
||Syeda Rubaba Rahman(7th President of Bangladesh)
||Syeda Fatina Rahman
||$1 Billion As Of Jan 15, 2017
- Head of Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce & Industries (FBCCI).
- He is a director of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission and Dhaka Stock Exchange.
- Currently Rahman is acting as the president of Association of Television Channel Owners (ATCO)and LPG Operators Association of Bangladesh (LOAB).
- He is the chairman of the Board of Governor of Bangladesh Enterprise Institute and the sporting club Abahani Limited Dhaka.
- Rahman entered politics in the mid-1990s.
- He founded the political party Samriddhya Bangladesh Andolan.
- Later he joined the Bangladesh Awami League.
- He was the Bangladesh Awami League nominee from a constituency in Dhaka-1: Dohar Upazila in Bangladeshi general election in 2001.
- Currently, he is the Private Sector Development Adviser to President of Bangladesh Awami League and Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina.
- Salman F Rahman expressed interest in contesting from Dhaka-1 constituency in the next parliamentary election, scheduled for 30 December 2018.
- Even though the ruling Awami League is yet to finalize candidates, it had already picked Salman F Rahman for Dhaka-1 constituency.
- Jatiya Party Presidium Member Salma Islam is the incumbent MP of this constituency.
||1972; 46 years ago
- The Beximco Group,
- Beximco Jute Division,
- Beximco Pharma,
- Beximco Synthetics Ltd.,
- Bangladesh Export Import Co. Ltd. – Textiles & Apparel Division,
- Shinepukur Ceramics,
- Beximco Petroleum Ltd.,
- Beximco Power Company Ltd.,
- Beximco Engineering Limited,
- Bangladesh Export Import Co. Ltd. – Marine Foods Division,
- Bangladesh Export Import Co. Ltd. – IT Division,
- Bangladesh Online,
- IFIC Bank,
- The Independent,
- Independent Television,
- Real VU,
- Bangladesh Export Import Co. Ltd. – Real Estate Division,
- Beximco Computers Ltd.,
- Dhaka Dynamites Bextrade Limited,
- Beximco Securities Limited,
- Beximco Communications Ltd. (DTH),
- Westin Hotels (Bangladesh),
- Shinepukur Cricket Club
Read more biographies and success stories of business leaders, celebrities, healthcare professionals etc. at Leader Biography.