Romil Ramgarhia is a prominent media entrepreneur and business consultant with a rich background in India, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the UAE. With a career spanning more than two decades, he has accumulated extensive professional experience across a wide range of sectors, including media, telecommunications, and manufacturing, with a predominant focus on the media industry for over 15 years. Over the course of Romil Ramgarhia ‘s career, Romil has held various significant positions at some of India’s leading companies, including ZEEL, Viacom18, BARC India, Bharti Airtel, Asian Paints, and ACC, highlighting his versatility and expertise.
Among Romil’s notable accomplishments is his role as a founding team member responsible for the successful launch of Colors TV, which rapidly ascended to become India’s top channel in a remarkable nine-month period. Furthermore, he played a pivotal part in the introduction of the world’s largest TV Audience Measurement system in India and has consistently demonstrated his proficiency in negotiating and managing mergers and acquisitions deals.
Romil Ramgarhia Personal Details
|Popular As||Media Entrepreneur|
|Age (As of 2023)||44 Years|
|Date of Birth||03 April 1980|
|Wife/Spouse||Neena Ramgarhia, CA|
Some lesser-known facts about Romil Ramgarhia
- Romil was a founding team member of two iconic brands in India, “Colors” TV channel (B2C brand) and “BARC India”, the TV ratings company (B2B brand).
- He is a CA and CFA who understands the business and commercial aspects of various verticals within the M&E industry.
- Romil Ramgarhia has steered two JV deals and operational transition of Viacom-Network18 and BARC-Kantar/Nielsen.
- He has built a connected TV box/service for a to-be launched platform with best-in class consumer experience. He has played a pivotal role in technology platform, integration with all OTT apps and building the customer/partner back-end for the service.
Contribution and Achievements of Romil Ramgarhia
- Founding team member of World’s Largest TV Audience Measurement now 400+ people.
- Created unique funding model to start BARC with almost zero equity and full debt.
- Liaising with TRAI, MIB and various other govt bodies on regulatory and operational matters.
- Steered a backward integration JV with Kantar and Nielsen to form a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Post the transition also functioning as Director on the board of JV.
- Developed the lowest cost meter which was a big discussion point among global audience measurement industry.
- Diversified revenue sources to reduce dependence from core customers.
- Piloted the block-chain technology for driving Industry revenue settlement process.
- Successfully negotiated and operationally transitioned M&A deals.